El's dark chocolate cappucino mousse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

El's dark chocolate cappucino mousse

Post  El Guapo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:51 am

For coffee lovers this mousse is probably the best goddam coffee flavour mousse you're ever likely to taste! The pic below is one of the batch I whipped up for dessert tonight Smile

Ingredients

2 large bars of good quality dark chocolate
1 Tub cornish clotted cream
Butter
Sugar
Milk
1 cup strong espresso coffee or half cup instant made with three heaped teaspoons

Method

Break up and melt one bar of the dark choclate with a splash of milk and a generous dollop of real unsalted butter. Mix well.

Add half the tub of cornish clotted cream and now blend with an electric blender until the cream is totally mixed in with the chocolate mixture. Add the coffee. Blend again until air bubbles begin to form. Add three
Add two to three teaspoons of caster sugar to taste and now break up half of the remaining bar of choclate and place in mixture. HEat until melted and blend one last time.

Place in individual dishes in fridge for two hours to set.

After two hours remove from fridge and now spread a thin layer of the remaining clotted cream over the top.

Finish off with dark chocolate shavings from the remaining half bar of dark chocolate (tip - a potato peeler works great but make sure the choc is well chilled.

Place back in fridge until time to serve (ideally at least an hour beforehand to allow the "froth" cream topping to set.

El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: El's dark chocolate cappucino mousse

Post  EarthsAngel on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Sounds divine! Going to make it during the week, will let you know what I think of it, sounds really good though, I love dark chocolate mousse.

EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top