Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently?

+5
Jimmy Saville
SAINT
dolly
EarthsAngel
El Guapo
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently?

Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap88%Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently?

Post  EarthsAngel Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 pm

DarkLord wrote:Actually, Somalia is thought to be the Cradle of Human Life........

The Cradle of Humankind is in South Africa DL, I have been there and it is thought to be where first humans came from. I will post the link in the morning for you.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently?

Post  EarthsAngel Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:21 pm

EarthsAngel wrote:
DarkLord wrote:Actually, Somalia is thought to be the Cradle of Human Life........

The Cradle of Humankind is in South Africa DL, I have been there and it is thought to be where first humans came from. I will post the link in the morning for you.

Good read.

http://www.sa-venues.com/attractionsga/cradle-of-humankind.htm
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:43 am

I stand corrected Very Happy
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 Empty Update on UK madness.......Somali Family in 2 Million Mansion

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 am

It is my right to live in £2m house.. you’re fussing about nothing

His right to live in a 2 Mill home? Who gave him that right? Do you have that same right? How much has he paid into the system?

If the Tories don't put a stop to this nonsense very soon, I can see riots on the streets.

By VIRGINIA WHEELER

Published: Today

A JOBLESS Somali bus conductor living it up in a luxury townhouse while taxpayers stump up the £2,000-a-week rent insisted yesterday: "It IS fair."

Dad-of-seven Abdi Nur got the £2.1million home in London's posh Kensington after whining his family didn't like the "poor area" where they used to live.

Scandal ... 2008 story
Scandal ... 2008 story

Speaking through the door of the plush five-bed home, the 42-year-old said: "I've done nothing wrong and committed no crime. My children should have the best chance they can.

"I am in my rights to live here. You are fussing about nothing."

Told of the outrage his case has caused, Abdi laughed and disappeared into the house.

The two-bath West London home would take a worker on average Somalian wages in poverty-stricken capital Mogadishu 5,200 YEARS to buy.

Abdi and wife Sayruq, 40, won asylum in 1999 after fleeing their war-ravaged homeland. They were given a five-bedroom home in arty Kensal Rise, North West London.

The old property cost taxpayers a whopping £900 a week but the family still griped that it was not good enough.

They said it was in a "poor area" and the shops closed too early in the evening.

The family were then able to move to ritzy Kensington because those on housing benefit can claim for a property anywhere they wish. They lucked in thanks to crazy loopholes Labour introduced for housing allowances in 2008.

Housing benefit now runs to a massive £20billion a YEAR.
Loony

Yesterday a Kensington neighbour, Sandra Ellison, said: "It is outrageous that any family that can't support itself are housed in a home beyond the wildest dreams and finances of those who do support themselves."

Sandra, 52, added: "Britain has become a fantasy island with fantasy rules."

Under the loony system, the Nurs are FOUR TIMES better off claiming benefits than working, The Sun can reveal.

The average salary of an experienced London bus conductor is £16,000 a year.

Top that up with child benefit and they would receive a yearly income of £25,440.

But with job-seekers' allowance and £96,000 benefits paying for the house, the family rake in £110,424 a year.

However, the Nurs face being kicked out of their luxury home after the Government vowed to push through legislation to cap housing benefit.

Ministers are set to limit the money to £400-a-week from next April.

The Nurs' case comes after a string of similar cases featured in The Sun:

#
In February, it emerged single mum-of-six Essma Marjam got £7,000 a month to live in a £2million villa in posh Maida Vale, West London.

#
In December, we told how mum-of-eight Francesca Walker gets £90,000 a year to live in a £2.6million home in Notting Hill, West London.

#
Last November, it emerged the public coughed up £1,600 a week for jobless Nasra Warsame to live in a £1.8million home in Westminster.

#
And in October 2008, three council officers were sacked after our front page story about Afghan mum-of-seven Toorpakai Saindi. She claimed £12,458 a month for a £1.2million pad in Acton, West London.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3051392/Asylum-dad-defends-2m-pad.html#ixzz0tXwWPp2A
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:31 am

By CHRIS GRAYLING

Employment Minister

NOTHING makes people madder after a hard day's work than to see their neighbours able to get by at home on benefits, doing nothing.

Except in many cases it's not their neighbours. It's those living on the smart side of town - in big houses paid for by the taxpayer which are way beyond the budget and dreams of hard-working families.

Why should those who do not work end up better housed than those who do? It's just not good enough and we think it's time to put a stop to it.

We'll put a firm cap on the amount paid in housing benefit so that those who rely on the taxpayer can no longer expect to live in upmarket areas. This will restore fairness to a system that has run out of control after years of neglect and failure under Labour.

Families on benefits should be on an equal footing with working families on low incomes, not living in mansions they could never afford if they got a job.

Our reforms will make sure we reward those who work and contribute to society, and not those who do not.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3051392/Asylum-dad-defends-2m-pad.html#ixzz0tY2i2sTI
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:37 am

It is my right to live in £2m house.. you’re fussing about nothing

His right to live in a 2 Mill home? Who gave him that right? Do you have that same right? How much has he paid into the system?

If the Tories don't put a stop to this nonsense very soon, I can see riots on the streets.

Well, with current laws in place it is unfortunately his right to live there. He was given this right as soon as his asylum application became successful. I don't have the same right, but then I don't have a load of kids to feed. If I did then I would have the same right, as would most with rights to stay in this country. The primary reason he has this place is his kids, so if you want a nice big mansion just have 5-7 children minimum. Oh & just about EVERYONE on benefits didn't pay into the system before they started taking out of the system. At least this dude works & pays taxes..........

Yes, the law needs to be changed. I'm quite sick & tired of paying for other peoples children which they blatantly can't afford & that goes as much for those from overseas as for those born & raised here. In fact, if I'm being honest, those born & raised here have had a MUCH better start in life & it really pisses me off when these people become work shy or start pushing out children which they simply cannot afford to have.

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to live in a £2,000,000 place, but to be honest my pride would take a hit if I couldn't say that I owned it & earned it.

Either way, makes no difference. When the rules are changed things will be different. No point in rioting because that makes us no better than some third world nation. We're above such things & will find other ways to handle it I'm sure. Hopefully those in power are well on the way to amending such things.
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:23 am

Hi DL, I know he is using yet another crazy, money down the drain, looney Labour Law, the sooner the Tories remove all these Idiotic Laws the better it will be for people who work bloody hard for 100 times less.

This Asylum seeker isn't working to support his 7 kids. He had a perfectly nice house that was costing the country £900 per month.

(They were given a five-bedroom home in arty Kensal Rise, North West London.

The old property cost taxpayers a whopping £900 a week but the family still griped that it was not good enough)

He is taking the piss!! Whilst you and other decent, hard-working people are slogging your guts out to earn a living and support your families, people like him are taking the absolute piss out of decent people. It's a National Disgrace......Just like Nu LieBore.

EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 am

I think in this situation there is a difference between having a lawful right and a moral right.

Lawfully DL is spot on. This man is not breaking any laws and has not, technically, done anything wrong.

We can only blame the state for allowing this kind of thing to happen from a lawful perspective. It shouldn't be for individuals on housing benefit to decide where they live. The state should owe a duty to taxpayers to ensure they get the best deal possible for every person on housing benefit.

However, morally, I think this man deserves every bit of criticism he receives. Welfare is not free money and the sooner people like this man understand and respect this the better. As a country we are giving those in need safe haven and money in their pocket. For somebody in need to then turn around and effectively say what you're giving me isn't good enough and I want more will unsurprisingly and very understandably result in a great deal of resentment.

El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 am

"The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people!"

EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 am

I love the way papers report Laughing

1) Kensal Rise is "Arty" in that there's graffiti everywhere

2) "Plush Kensington" Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 55984 Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 55984 Should Immigrants Be Treated Differently? - Page 2 55984 IF you are not familiar with the area the word Kensington Probably conjures images of rich people, Kensington Palace, Harrods, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park, High St Kensington etc, facts are that after having a look at the picture of this "mansion" Laughing it is not in south Kensington or Central Kensington. If I am correct about the location of this house I have a friend who lives on that road. It's surrounded by 5 council estates & most of the residents in this particular part of Kensington are claiming benefits, including housing benefit. I would actually say places such as Ealing & Acton are on par with (If not better) than this particular area.

3) If this place is costing £2,000 a week then the council clearly contacted a private landlord.

4) Having a friend on this road in a comparable house I can tell you that although it may have five bedrooms these are not very large (With the exception of the master bedroom)

5) If you can find a half decent 5 bedroom house in West London for under £1.5mil I'd be impressed.

6) There are many British families in comparable & better houses within the area who are certainly claiming benefits. This is a FACT as I know some of them Laughing

However, I cannot blame someone for wanting the best for their children. The ONLY reason this guy has this house is because of his children & as much as it's a piss take I could not condone allowing these children to suffer due to the sins of their father. 9 (including the parents) into 5 is not exactly a comfortable fit. I don't have children of my own, but I do have nieces, nephews & God Children and I would do whatever in my power to get them the best of the best.

In this country at the moment, the best of the best comes to you not when you work your arse off every day & hour god sends, but when you don't have a pot to piss in. That's when all the help kicks in & the help is good enough that it makes more financial sense to stay on benefits than to come off them. If you want the best for your 7 children then NOT working WILL provide that.

First things first, the nationals of this country need to show the way forward & get themselves off benefits. There are far too many British families sitting on benefits, raking it in, taking 2 holidays a year with a car & flat screen TV in every room to go with the leather sofas, PS3's, X-boxes & Nintendo Wii's. If there was another country in the world where people were able to do this, most people who were struggling with 7 kids would probably soon swallow their pride & go there cap in hand to ensure their children have the best upbringing.... Can we really criticise this man for taking the same route?
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 am

Britain has shown a great deal of tolerance for a good many years........That is what has led to the situation we are in...

As long as the 'good' remain silent, nothing will change, and advantage will be taken. I am not saying that sympathy and help should not be offered where genuinally needed, but many laugh and take the piss!!

Perspective is what is needed!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 am

Well, if that's the case, people born in this country have had a much better start in life than those born in war torn countries. They've had far greater opportunities & it could be said that they wasted those.......

If those people born & bred here genuinally require help, then how do these people not? scratch
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:49 am

When I said DL, those who genuinally need help, I didn't individualise the sentiment!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:32 am

Indeed you didn't Winston. My humble apologies to you Embarassed Embarassed
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 am

There are enough home-bred yobs and slobs, why on earth import more from 3rd world countries? If people want to better themselves, I would offer as much help as possible, but why should the tax payer work hard and see his tax £££ going to keep lazy Immigrants who DEMAND 1st class all the way. You want a better life, go out and work for it. Have some pride and instill that same pride in your children.

I was just reading the comments to this story on Sol, 99.9% of the comments are angry, many showing total disbelief and horror at the things they are finding out.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:44 am

It looks as if he will be moving to one of those Council Estates soon, he will get a maximum of £400 p.w. and the max bedrooms will be four.

Tories have promised this sort of thing will stop as soon as they can push through new laws.

"I am thankful to all those who said NO to me
It’s Because of them I did it myself.

EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:57 am

There are enough home-bred yobs and slobs, why on earth import more from 3rd world countries? If people want to better themselves, I would offer as much help as possible, but why should the tax payer work hard and see his tax £££ going to keep lazy Immigrants who DEMAND 1st class all the way. You want a better life, go out and work for it. Have some pride and instill that same pride in your children.

I was just reading the comments to this story on Sol, 99.9% of the comments are angry, many showing total disbelief and horror at the things they are finding out.

To be honest, in my opinion, it's better than seeing my tax pounds go to lazy born & bred Brits as they've had a vastly better start in life. It's better than seeing my tax £££ go to a third generation teenage mother who, like her mother & grandmother, will never work a day in her life. It's better than seeing my tax pounds go to pay off the monumental fuck ups of banks when they're pulling in Millions in bonuses still.... It's better than seeing my tax money go towards paying for the second home refurbishment of some MP raking in tens (in some cases hundreds) of thousands in wages.....
The tax payer works hard and see's their money thrown down the drain on the most useless crap & usually it's those who need it least who are getting it the most....... Those 7 children are in need, if for nothing else, for having a useless lazy father....

As for SOL, to be honest from what I can remember most of that mob would be "angry, many showing total disbelief and horror at" just about anything. If this guy was working his arse off & getting paid well for it many of them would be pissed off at that Laughing

And I just saw that report on the news.... Saying it is one thing, them doing it is a totally different beast altogether.......
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:44 am

The balance is not right!

The British public get's pissed off because jobless immigrants appear to be given a better deal! Can't blame them for that!!.......Whether British or Immigrant, food and a roof over your head is sufficient.......Not £2000 per week rentals!!

The Idea young kids have these days that the more kids you have, the better the benifits, is totally wrong......And as DL said generations are living this way from example!!

Moral education is what's needed......And we need to direct funds towards programs for British kids first!!........That, as a nation is our moral responsibility!!

So.......Forget this crap about Immigrant workers are the only ones who will take the more meanial jobs...Stop encouraging Immigration and make the kids realise they have to earn a living and contribute to society!!

I doubt any of us started out earning bucket loads....We had to do it the hard way and work up!!

I didn't have a great job when I was 21, but I was married and paid my way!!

(Fucking bitch took me for everything later though!! lol)

We just all have to do our bit and stop expecting others to do it for us!!

Rant over!!

Lol
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:53 am

I couldn't agree more Winston, people need to be taught Moral Values, start in primary school and stop this gimme, gimme, gimme culture. If you don't earn it, you can't have it. That goes for all immigrants as well, stop handouts and they will stop coming and scrounging. Those who work and provide for their families would be welcomed I would expect.

If you don't pay into the system, you can't take anything out.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:59 am

Spot on Earths!!..........Glad you took my point!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  SAINT Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:11 am

What an absolute disgrace that the Somlian piece of excrement thinks he is better than anyone in the country, it has 7 kid's, lived in a bad area, complained that he should be moved to a £2M house and hey presto, that's exactly what he got.

I wonder if now that because I have been made redundant, whether I can demand to be moved into a £2M house, YEAH RIGHT!!! more like move me into the SHITHOLES in which the 3rd world IMMIGRANTS don't want!!

Good old England supports the world and it's wife and shits on the INDIGENOUS!!

So for this SOMALIAN VERMIN, as they say from RAGS to RICHES!!

If you are English it's now from RAGS to more RAGS!!, soon we will be in the mud huts and shitholes whilst all the IMMIGRANTS will laugh at us and be throwing us coins for begging! ABSOLUTE FUCKING DISGRACE!!! and the more people who wake up to this the better!!

Rant over! Very Happy
SAINT
SAINT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 am

Hmmmmmm...There are 7 children involved here, innocent and relient on their parents. I'm just wondering where you would like these young folk to be housed? A tent in Hyde Park ? A two bed terrace? I do understand that perhaps their life in Somalia was far removed from what they are experiencing now, but the fact remains..They now live in the UK. They have been rehoused as hundreds of people are every day, and that is that.
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  SAINT Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:22 am

Mmmm, 7 children are indeed involved along with many ENGLISH families facing the same problems, but the difference is, the SOMALIAN family who are ASYLUM seekers are treated like ROYALTY and moved from a perfectly acceptable house to a house of the IMMIGRANTS choice, so how many ENGLISH families would also be re-housed to a £2M house by shouting? mmm, I guess you all would know the answer to that.

Why do the ENGLISH always bend over backwards for ASYLUM seekers who let's face it only come here because of the easy benefits they recieve.

Why are the ENGLISH so scared of giving this FILTH the left overs from housing the ENGLISH first?
Seems that the ENGLISH are treated as the foreigner in our own country, people really need to pull their heads from their assholes, take a good look around and wake up to reality and the scams in which IMMIGRANTS are taking advantage of.

Not so long ago my brother needed to be housed, the first thing the housing said to him was, sorry you are the wrong colour and IMMIGRANTS come first.

So if that's not PREDJUDISM then I don't know what is!!

This SCUM of the earth SOMALIAN SHIT shouldn't even be here in the first place!! and mark my words, SOMALIANS aren't the loving people you do-gooders seem to think they are!!

FFS!!! England should grow a pair and defend the INDIGENOUS people of the country FIRST!!!

If anyone edit's this then I will be LIVID!!!
SAINT
SAINT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 am

Edit? I wouldnt dream of it dear.. Rolling Eyes
I found this snippet intresting..after i'd waded through your post.>>"sorry you are the wrong colour and IMMIGRANTS come first"..So let me get this right. You proclaim that we, "the indigenous" folk of the UK are bending over backwards and being ever so politically correct so as not to "offend" the immigrant community, and yet you say an official in the housing department made the above comment?? Hmmmmmm, as I said..Interesting..
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:04 am

I have to agree with Saint on this subject.........It is about time the UK started looking after its' own, and to stop treating the indiginous people as second class citizens!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next