Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guest posting........Good or Bad idea.

5 posters

Go down

Guest posting........Good or Bad idea. Empty Guest posting........Good or Bad idea.

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:56 am

This is only my opinion but I believe Guest posting is a bad idea, all it does is open the door for people to hide behind the Guest pseudonym to say something they would not say under their usual ID.

A couple of points to consider.

If you have a relevant point to make why use a pseudonym?
Does guest posting encourage debate?
Does guest posting encourage new members?

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Guest posting........Good or Bad idea. Empty Re: Guest posting........Good or Bad idea.

Post  LP Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 am

I don't think you'll get anyone using the guest area, maybe the occasional bit of interest but I bet that's it. People only want to guest post when they can't, give them the option and suddenly they haven't got anything to say.
LP
LP

Back to top Go down

Guest posting........Good or Bad idea. Empty Re: Guest posting........Good or Bad idea.

Post  El Guapo Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:58 am

I'm not convinced about guest posting but my gripe is purely down to laziness. I just can't be bothered moderating people who aren't members!

Having them all contained in one section however works for me as it's pretty easy to keep on top of.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 am

Morning all..Guest posting. One would think with all the veiws we get someone would have taken the opption and posted. Something, anything! My theory for what its worth..There's no bitch threads! Other forums have them and get bus loads of guests every day, and the only reason they do is to jump on the bitch threads and get stuck in! And of course, with that kind of traffic, and the iffy types one would get, it would be hard and quite boring to keep the rubbish to a minimum..Never mind eh? Do we really need the riff raff here? Guest posting........Good or Bad idea. 8431 Wink Guest posting........Good or Bad idea. 193827
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:29 am

Can be good. Can be bad. Can't hurt to have it. If no one uses it then no one uses it. But some people might.......
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  LP Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:38 am

Surely that applies to all areas of the forum doesn't it? The content will always be down to the members, the guests that post will most likely do so because they know one or more of the members.
LP
LP

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:33 am

I think it's a good idea, I agree with Nel too, she said that we have no bitching threads on here and that keeps the nasties away, isn't that what we want? I welcome guest posting because I'm sure that we will get genuine posters and not trolls looking for a fight.

We have two new members who posted first as guests, they are both really great guys and are very welcome here.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down