Baked Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  EarthsAngel on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:48 am

Ingredients:

* 7 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
* 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 1/2 pound cream cheese (recommended: Philadelphia)
* 1 cup sugar
* 4 whole eggs
* 2 egg yolks
* 4 limes, juiced or 3/4 cup, plus the zest of one or two limes
* 200gram dark chocolate,
* Special equipment: spring form pan

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Place a large overlapping piece of aluminum foil over the bottom of the springform pan, and then insert pan ring over it. Fold the foil extra foil up and around the pan and place the whole thing on a second piece of foil, also folding it and pressing it securely around the pan, having a water tight covering.

In a food processor, process cookies until they are crumb-like, add melted butter and continue to process. Pour crumb mixture into springform pan and press with your fingers to line the
pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the cheesecake.

Place a kettle of water on for water bath. In a food processor beat the cream cheese until smooth, add the sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and lime juice.

Take crumbed pan from the refrigerator and place it in a roasting pan. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crumb pan, gently pour over the melted chocolate and mix it into the mixture using a skewer, making a marbled effect and then carefully pour the hot kettle of water into the roasting pan so the water reaches 1/2 way up the pan so the water does not splash into cheese cake.

Place roasting pan in oven for 1 hour, checking after 50 minutes. It should feel set, but still wobbly in the centre. Take the roasting pan out of the oven, carefully remove the springform pan from the roasting pan and place it on a rack. Peel off the outer layer of foil, and tear away the side bits of the first layer of foil and leave the pan to cool. Once the cake comes to room temperature, place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving. Transfer to the plate you're going to serve it on, a plate without a lip, or a cake stand. Unclip the springform pan and remove the outer part. Carefully lift the cheesecake removing the metal bottom. The
aluminum foil can stay on the cake. Serve chilled.

Tip: Before juicing the limes, roll them backwards and forwards to release the juice. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl over a pan of very gently simmering water

Last edited by EarthsAngel on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Baked Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 am

One word...

YUM! lol
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://angelsndemonsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 pm

OOOOh earths ...sounds lovely...I may even try that when I get into the new house ...
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:17 am

dolly wrote:OOOOh earths ...sounds lovely...I may even try that when I get into the new house ...
Crying or Very sad

I hope you do make it Dolly, it really is the very best cheesecake I have ever tasted. You can also pour a chocolate gnash over the top to make it really decadent for special occasion.......Sod the calories, it's worth a few extra pounds x

EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xtras on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:45 am

that sounds delicious x
xtras

Back to top Go down

Post  Olay on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:21 am

OH! Ive gone weak at the knee's. Mmmmmmmmm