Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum?

+3
EarthsAngel
DarkLord
El Guapo
7 posters

Go down

Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? Empty Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum?

Post  El Guapo Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:48 am

THE Supreme Court allowed appeals today by two gay asylum seekers who faced persecution if returned home.

Both men had been refused asylum in the UK on the grounds that they could avoid ill-treatment by keeping their sexuality secret or behaving discreetly.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3044618/Court-allows-gay-asylum-appeal.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News#ixzz0t0EZpvDN

Question is....should homosexuality be legitimate reasons for claiming political asylum?

My personal view is that it should not. How do you prove a persons sexuality and why should the UK concern itself with the homosexual rights of other nations?
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? Empty Re: Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum?

Post  DarkLord Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 am

El_Guapo wrote:Question is....should homosexuality be legitimate reasons for claiming political asylum?

My personal view is that it should not. How do you prove a persons sexuality and why should the UK concern itself with the homosexual rights of other nations?

No, In my opinion Homosexuality shouldn't be a reason for claiming political asylum, unless that sexuality would see you unfairly treated in your country. The UK's only concern is whether the person will be allowed to live in their own country. Unfortunately, in some countries, homesexuality can easily have you killed.

However, with this case, if they had already been refused asylum without indicating this reason then they should be sent home.
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? Empty Re: Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum?

Post  El Guapo Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:43 am

DarkLord wrote:
El_Guapo wrote:Question is....should homosexuality be legitimate reasons for claiming political asylum?

No, In my opinion Homosexuality shouldn't be a reason for claiming political asylum, unless that sexuality would see you unfairly treated in your country. The UK's only concern is whether the person will be allowed to live in their own country. Unfortunately, in some countries, homesexuality can easily have you killed.

However, with this case, if they had already been refused asylum without indicating this reason then they should be sent home.

I'm still getting the full details tbh but it looks as though their original asylum application was refused and a deportation order was issued.

They then appealed that on the grounds of deporting them to a homophobic country would be a breach of the HR Act.

I agree that unless the issue of homosexuality was raised in the original asylum application how the hell can it now be taken into consideration upon appeal??

ffs..it's POLITICAL asylum not freakin HOMOSEXUAL asylum!
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:00 am

First application was denied. Second or appeal application should be filled in on their plane journey home & posted to the home office for consideration.

Man I need to be in government! Laughing Cool
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 am

DarkLord wrote:First application was denied. Second or appeal application should be filled in on their plane journey home & posted to the home office for consideration.

Man I need to be in government! Laughing Cool

lol

You got my vote!!

(If I had one that is.... Embarassed )
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:33 am

This is going to mean that hundreds of thousands of 'Asylum Seekers' will now be claiming to be gay! Why is it the UK's problem anyway? If they live in some 3rd world shit house with a backward Government, they would be better staying in their own country and trying to make a difference.

Wait for it, coming soon to a portShould being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? Rupaul10 near you

I doubt they will look anywhere near as attractive as Ru Paul!!
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:32 am

lol

If it's dodgy trannies you want...

Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? Mankini
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 pm

FFS.....If being a poof is not allowed in a particular country...........Why does it suddenly become Britains responsibility???

We have enough problems with our own poofs!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 pm

And what problems do we have with our own "poofs" pray tell.. Rolling Eyes
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? Empty tranny invasion

Post  chelseaz Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 am

please el i nearly choked on my coco pops.....i think we should set a few qualifying rules for admitance.the first being they have to "ROGER" or be"ROGERED" by the judge in open court room.if they are "UP" to it they should be granted immediate asylum.at least they would have given us a good laugh and proved their "POINT" Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? 952136
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SAINT Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:03 am

This has now become the new word for the right to remain in BRITAIN, it used to be called ASYLUM but has now changed to GAY.

So basically the U.K. will have every AFRICAN, ASIAN and other 3rd world trash coming here, so the whole of these nations will become GAY to allow them into ENGLAND.

When the FUCK will these politicians wake up to this FRAUDULANT bullshit?
SAINT
SAINT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:24 am

Actually, people have been using this method for some time to get what they want & it's not just foreigners who are guilty of this...... Many a British man has used this excuse to get housing as otherwise they would be living on the streets. When in Rome.........
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:13 am

DarkLord wrote:Actually, people have been using this method for some time to get what they want & it's not just foreigners who are guilty of this...... Many a British man has used this excuse to get housing as otherwise they would be living on the streets. When in Rome.........

Eh? What do you mean When in Rome?!

You tryin ter say the Romans were bleedin woofters?! Twisted Evil
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:45 am

Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? 476963 Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? 55984 Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? 55984

No, not what I was saying at all...... But come to think of it they did have a "Free Society"...... Should being gay be legitimate grounds to claim asylum? 912780
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum