Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah's Law

4 posters

Go down

Sarah's Law Empty Sarah's Law

Post  El Guapo Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:59 am

A RADICAL law designed to help parents protect youngster from paedophiles will be rolled out nationally this weekend.

Sarah's Law will allow all parents to check if anyone has a history of child sex offences.

The rollout of the law - named after Sarah Payne, eight, abducted and murdered by convicted paedo Roy Whiting ten years ago - comes after a successful trial.

The Home Office scheme gives parents the right to check on anyone with regular unsupervised access to their children.

Parents are told about any criminal conviction for child sex offences.

Sarah's mum, Sara, became the Government's Victims' Champion after her determined efforts to get the law passed.

It is similar to Megan's Law in the US which means the names, addresses and pictures of paedophiles are published in some states.

Trials of the Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme began in four areas - Cambridgeshire, Cleveland, Hampshire and Warwickshire - in September 2008.

And today it is being rolled out in another eight areas - West Mercia, Bedfordshire, Norfolk, North Yorkshire, Thames Valley, West Midlands, Essex and Suffolk.

More counties are due to join the scheme this autumn including Northamptonshire, Staffordshire, Sussex, Leicestershire, Wiltshire, Cheshire, Durham, Northumbria, Dorset, Lincolnshire, Surrey and Gloucestershire.

All forces across the country will have joined the scheme by next spring.

The main argument against this law is by anti vigilante groups who think publishing this infomation will lead to revenge attacks. Also it invades the individuals right to privacy. If you're found guilty of a sex offence, serve your time, that should be the end of it.

Arguments for the law, quite simply, are that people should have a right to know if they live near somebody who poses a risk.

What do you all think? Should such a wide general law be in place or should it be resticted to certain levels of sex offence?

On a side note...The Judge in the Venables case recently upheld Venables right to anonymity. Bearing in mind his latest conviction does this law conflict with that decision? How is it even lawfully possible for Venables to now remain anonymous?
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sarah's Law Empty Re: Sarah's Law

Post  Jimmy Saville Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:00 am

The main argument against this law is by anti vigilante groups who think publishing this infomation will lead to revenge attacks. Also it invades the individuals right to privacy. If you're found guilty of a sex offence, serve your time, that should be the end of it.
Vigilante groups only come about through ineffective policing systems......Vigilante is good imo. And serving time will not change the opinion of a child abuser!!

Arguments for the law, quite simply, are that people should have a right to know if they live near somebody who poses a risk.
Sounds fair to me!!

What do you all think? Should such a wide general law be in place or should it be resticted to certain levels of sex offence?
IMO anyone who abuses, hurts a child should be kept away from children permanently!.

On a side note...The Judge in the Venables case recently upheld Venables right to anonymity. Bearing in mind his latest conviction does this law conflict with that decision? How is it even lawfully possible for Venables to now remain anonymous?
I don't care if he remains anonymous...So long as he is kept away from children

Venables has done enough to justify bringing back the death penalty!........But hey......I'm a bigot!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 pm

History has shown that these people do not change because they have been to jail. I believe we need to protect our kids at all costs, why should Paedophiles get protection when all it does is give them anonymity to stalk children.
While the Judges and law makers put the criminals rights above those of the Victim we will never get justice.
I believe that people who commit crimes should take whatever comes after, a Paedophile should know that if caught and convicted, Police, Schools as well as any other organisation that deals with children will be informed (personally i would print their name address and picture in the national news paper) why should they get away with not being victimised when the get away with Victimising defenceless children.

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:14 am

WEll DONE Sara Payne !!!! Sarah's Law 115935 A step forward ...next step would be more investigation into suspected paedophiles. I am well informed that the amount of these animals around are more than people think and that the police don't have the resources to deal with the extent of this problem.....
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 am

these vile creatures deserve nothing less than castration.how many of the people defending these perverts rights have had their own child abused.i think they would soon change their opinion if they had.the new law states that if you obtain information,you have to keep it to yourself and not pass it on....cuckoo...well i won't tell my mate with the three little girls who live next door to him anything then.i'll just hope he dosent do anything or she applies for information....no sorry i'll just have to break the law,because the law as they say is an ass.
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum