Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kudos to Stoo for this one...

2 posters

Go down

Kudos to Stoo for this one... Empty Kudos to Stoo for this one...

Post  El Guapo Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:04 pm

I have used Firefox as my main browser for a long time now, I used IE back around 2000 out of necessity because Microsoft had pretty much killed Netscape (the basis for Firefox) and had left Windows users with little choice. I always keep my software up to date but recently recently starting having issues with Firefox hanging and crashing which was getting boring. I could use the Firefox Minefield 4.0 beta but I'm not a developer and besides, half of my addons aren't compatible with it so that was a no go.

Today I came across the Pale Moon browser which is Firefox lite, it uses less memory and runs about 25% quicker than FF. There's even an option on the intro page to import all of your settings across from Firefox which makes it identical in use to the system that I am used to. I'm sure that Minefield will be awesome once it's out of beta but I've now got a usable browser that runs all of my addons without crashing or slowing. If you've been having similar problems then I can only commend it to you to download and use. :cuppaT:

http://www.palemoon.org/

I've just downloaded it and it's excellent. Installs in seconds with no fuss and has a very noticeable increase in speed.

Very Happy
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kudos to Stoo for this one... Empty Re: Kudos to Stoo for this one...

Post  EarthsAngel Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:36 am

Pale Mon is great, but it has crashed on me a couple of times. Not sure why, but I do like it and it is much faster than Firefox.

If it crashes again I will go to their help site and see if I can find out why it happens.

Thanks for passing it on to everyone Stooo, I had never heard of it before El told me about it. cheers
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down