Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Blackmail

2 posters

Go down

Legal Blackmail Empty Legal Blackmail

Post  Stooo Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Recently the law firm ACS Law has been in the news after a coordinated DDoS attack took down their website and in a panic they accidentally exposed some of the emails in their database, including emails threatening litigation towards suspected file sharing people and names and addresses of some 8000 people:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1736800/isps-admit-taking-money-handing-subscribers

The actual precedent that they used with this particular lawsuit was that of Topware Interactive vs Isabella Barwinska, a 'person' who was never actually served with papers, never appeared at the trial and whose existence is now in doubt:

http://torrentfreak.com/high-profile-high-damages-file-sharing-conviction-was-a-farce-100926/

ACS has been sending out of court settlements ranging between £300 and £500 with no proof other than highly suspect IP addresses allegedly used by the P2P users at the time (these can easily be spoofed) and some people have actually paid up.

It looks like the loathsome toad Andrew Crossley the owner of ACS may well go bankrupt in the ensuing shitstorm but is this enough?
Stooo

Back to top Go down

Legal Blackmail Empty Re: Legal Blackmail

Post  El Guapo Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 am

Not sure TBH but I do prefer to have ketchup on my chips... lol!

Good topic but I think most people aren't going to know what you're on about lol
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stooo Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:30 pm

It didn't light any fires on Dogs either lol!

Is that you in the Avvy? It was zero degrees when I went up Teide, I bet your nipples were like bullets Laughing
Stooo

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeh it's me lol

Got tired of hiding behind the mask and I guess it's a way of saying I'm just being more of the real me online these days instead of the corpse character. It's harder to be a bastard to people if they're looking you in the eye lol

Tiede was a very good guess but wrong I'm afraid. That pic was taken in Gran Canaria at the Bandama Crater Monument. It's the remains of the collapsed volcano that used to be on the island. The rim where I'm sitting is about 600m above sea level and temp that day about 30 odd.

Cool
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum