Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE STONING OF SORAYAM

3 posters

Go down

THE STONING OF SORAYAM Empty THE STONING OF SORAYAM

Post  chelseaz Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:09 am

I watched this very disturbing film last night and it left me quite shaken.It's a true story based in Iran not long after the removal of the shah.In a remote village the men have started exerting their total dominance of women.soraya is a kind woman with four children.Her cheating husband meets another woman and wants a divorce and to take his two sons to the city with him.He says he will leave her the house a small plot of land and her two daughters.Soraya knows this wont be enough for them to live on and refuses to let him go.What follows is the disgraceful gang mentality of the men of the village,which end with her being stoned to death.A very harrowing story,worth watching.It made me think how sweet it is to have my freedom....Sharia law...never in this country.
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

THE STONING OF SORAYAM Empty Re: THE STONING OF SORAYAM

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:12 am

That's awful, Chels. Did you watch the film on television?

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:50 am

Horrible story Chelz, unfortunately it happens all the time. Woman are treated less than animals in these backward, sick counties. Sharia must never be allowed in the West, it will be going back to the stone age. Humans are supposed to have evolved, but some got left behind.

Poor woman, R.I.P.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 am

i watched it on dodgy dvd...i dont think its been released yet...keep an eye out for it if it does get to general release i think it could really make people realise the implications of sharia law.
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:37 am

chelseaz wrote:i watched it on dodgy dvd...i dont think its been released yet...keep an eye out for it if it does get to general release i think it could really make people realise the implications of sharia law.

Could you forward a copy to me, Chels, please. The address is:

Pacific Sunshine,
157th Grange,
Beverly Hills,
California,
USA.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 am

It's in the post Shine. I picked up a dodgy copy from our roadside entrepreneurs today, hope its a good copy. Very Happy
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:27 pm

He is such a wind up angel...and i'm quite annoyed because this is a serious topic.......your excuse for being flippant please shine????
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonelemi Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:28 pm

I've bumped this up, because I watched it some time ago and it moved me to tears.
lemonelemi
lemonelemi

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for bumping the thread Lemon, I had forgotten all about it. The illegal copy I bought was taken in a movie house, absolute crap...you gets what you pays for I suppose.

It does sound like an horrendous story, not sure if I could sit through it though. It's a true story and it breaks my heart that humans can still be so cruel and barbaric, it seems humanity still has a very long way to go.

EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum