Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is all the damn money going?!

Go down

Where is all the damn money going?! Empty Where is all the damn money going?!

Post  El Guapo Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:06 pm

We are entering a time of austerity.

As our dearly elected PM said in the run up to the election. And he wasn't lying. These are definitely dark times in terms of finance. Higher taxes, cuts in services, we're all feeling the pinch.

But it would be nice to see some actual benefit from it all. When y6ou pay off a credit card debt you see the monthly statement and the amount slowly going down which reminds you that you're doing what is necessary. It gives you that little impetus to keep trudging on with the promise of light at the end of the tunnel.

But where's the light at the end of Britain's tunnel? Where's our metaphorical monthly statement to show us that the money we're handing over to the Government is actually doing some good?

We get nothing. Oh no no no. All we get are the bills for Royal weddings and unnecessary trips to Ireland. We get Olympic stadiums we don't need costing over 500 million. We get the satisfaction of handing over 600 million to places like Pakistan in the same week they spend over 1.5 billion on their defence programme. And we get the pleasure of contributing to the EU, a charity set up for every country in Europe that isn't spelt B.R.I.T.A.I.N.

It seems to me the only people living in this time of austerity are the ones who are not to blame in any way shape or form for the calamitous mess we find ourselves in. The bank managers who squandered our future on the global roulette wheel still have their jobs, their Bentley's and their 10 bedroom mansions. The politicians still have their noses the trough. And the Royals are as blissfully unaware of the plight of their subjects as Marie Antoinette.

While we're all sufffering not a damn thing is or is in the process of changing. And while we're suffering the people who CAN change things are still enjoying their champagne receptions.

I'm sick of talk. I'm sick of Cameron's patronising "I understand what you;re going through" speeches outside No.10 before he goes back inside to enjoy a nice piece of Venison. I'm sick of the Royals for thinking we care enough about THEIR happiness to fund their lifestyle.

I'm sick of the whole damn thing.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down