Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo?

+3
lizziebear
Dame Edna
El Guapo
7 posters

Go down

Chips. With Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo?

Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? I_vote_lcap50%Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? I_vote_lcap17%Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? I_vote_lcap33%Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? Empty Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo?

Post  El Guapo Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 am

Well? Anyone?

Heinz ketchup is by far the best tomato sauce to drown your chips in with Daddies coming a very close second. But why can't all ketchup makers make ketchup as tasty as Heinz? You'd think in this day and age the technology exists for companies to analyse Heinz ketchup to figure out exactly what the secret recipe is but they never do. Instead they churn out horrible tasting gunk that doesn't even remotely taste of tomato.

Why is this???

And brown sauce. Does anybody actually eat this substance resembling a toddler's nappy produce? WTF IS brown sauce? What is the actual main vegetable/fruit in it coz for 20 years I still haven't figured it out...

And what about mayonnaise? Are there people in Britain that actually eat chips with mayo?!
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? Empty Re: Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo?

Post  Dame Edna Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Chips aint chips without Heinz tommy ketchup!! I have brown fruity sauce, I like that better than ordinary brown. Especially on a bacon butty.. Very Happy As for Mayo, whats that all about?! Poncy gluck! Whats wrong with Hienz salad cream?.... Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? 193827
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? Empty Re: Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo?

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:59 pm

BLEUGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate all of them, chips need salt. That is all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 9:40 am

Defo some salt guest , and lashings of salad cream , or mushy peas lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  lizziebear Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:39 pm

none of the above

i either put hot sauce on y chips

or chinese curry sauce, yummy
lizziebear
lizziebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Olay Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:40 am

It used to be ketchup but Ive discovered a passion for mango chilli sauce and it goes on everything. Chips, sausages, chicken.........even salad!
Try a glug of brown sauce in your gravy, it gives it a mild 'something' but you would never guess it was brown sauce. Nice. Smile
Olay
Olay

Back to top Go down

Post  lizziebear Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:46 am

oooh olay mango chilli sauce
.sounds delsih where do you buy it. thanks
lizziebear
lizziebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:23 pm

I've recently been introduced to Regga Regga sauce..Jamaican in origin and very very hot and spicey..Yummy on bbq chicken ect... Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:58 pm

nelix wrote:
I've recently been introduced to Regga Regga sauce..Jamaican in origin and very very hot and spicey..Yummy on bbq chicken ect... Very Happy

Oh God yeh....

That's good stuff!

Very Happy

Chips. Drown them in Ketchup, Brown Sauce or Mayo? Levi_roots_reggae_reggae_sauce
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lizziebear Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:41 am

i brought back from usa last yar...ass kicking cajun hot sauce,
bloody hell its hot hot hot,,yum

ive seen the reggae sauce in the shops, il go try it.
lizziebear
lizziebear

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:58 am

I agree with 'Guest' chips need only salt, not all that MSG crap. I hate most sauces, but Mayo is OK occasionally. Salad cream is disgusting!!
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 am

Salad cream is disgusting?? affraid Wash your mouth out my girl!! Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  lizziebear Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 am

ooh my ea , i love salad cream

you cant beat heinz salad cream. yum yum
lizziebear
lizziebear

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:20 am

LOL Nel and Saffy, I really can't stand Salad Cream and only ever have Hellmans or homemede Mayo. I first tried salad cream in England and was nearly sick, it was so runny and tasted awful lol. Strange that we all have different taste buds. affraid
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 pm

I only have Heinz salad cream..all the others i've tried are too vinegary! yuk..I do like tartar sauce on chips as well..But I cant eat a chip butty, never had one in me life!! affraid How weired is that.. Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  lizziebear Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 am

when i make coleslaw i mix salad cream with some hellmans mayo, its really lovely .

i cant believe you've never had a chip butty nelix.lol

i love black pepper too now, instead of salt. trying to cut down on salt.
lizziebear
lizziebear

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:37 am

I'm not a fan of salad cream either but my brother loves the stuff. Urgh...

Daddies ketchup for me every time Smile

Oh...and I recently discovered an amazing smoked BBQ chilli sauce from HP. Goes well with chicken and pork! Yum..
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:15 am

I personally hate Ketchup on chips, but I think this may have something to do with the amount of it which I ate as a kid . Used to have it on EVERYTHING!

Mayo is the way forward on chips for me, though it has to be Hellman's Full Fat mayo, not any of this light crap.

I think what is in brown sauce changes depending on who is making it. I've always thought that Onions & Apples might have something to do with Daddy Sauce....... But have never been sure....
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:39 am

I have all 3 ( not at same time) depending on my mood. brown sauce is my fav atm.... Very Happy
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:36 am

Sauce with chips yuk Shocked

Just salt and loads of vinegar for me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down