Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abortion and the Church

5 posters

Go down

Abortion and the Church Empty Abortion and the Church

Post  northern-star Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:21 am

Is it right that the church should be able to dictate whether a woman has an abortion or not?
northern-star
northern-star

Back to top Go down

Abortion and the Church Empty Re: Abortion and the Church

Post  dolly Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:21 am

That choice is a womans ..and only a womans...
I am not religious so 'Church "stuff does my head in.... and it's usually a man making the decisions...and who the hell is anyone to say what a woman can do with her own body .... * breath and relax* What a Face
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 am

I don't agree with the Church dictating to us how to do anything...

But I'm still a fence sitter on the whole abortion issue. I can see the pros and cons in both arguments but I think I'm still slightly more anti than pro. My worry is abortion might become viewed as a late form of contraception.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:56 am

Prevention is always better, of course, but in the real world this happens. It has to ALWAYS be the womans choice. NOBODY should ever tell a woman what to do with her body. It is for women to deal with as they see fit and they live with their choices whether going through with the pregnancy or not.
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:00 am

One of the definite pros of fully legalising abortions would be to see the end of these back street clinics. Did you read the story the other day of the Doctor aborting 8 month old foetuses? Horrific.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:59 am

No El I didn't....god how awful... No
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 am

The church has no right to dictate to anyone on any issue. I am totally against organized religion.

I think abortion should depend on the circumstances. As El said, if it's used as a form of contraception, then I find it disgusting. I am with Dolly, only the woman concerned has any right to make a decision on what happens to her own body.

To abort an 8 month fetus is murder!!! I hope the twat who murdered these fully formed little babies gets life in absolute hell!

EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  northern-star Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:35 am

Hey there EA xxxxxxxxx

I only asked this as I saw a programme where a young girl was raped and taken to a catholic hospital. They refused to give her the morning after pill and as a result she was left pregnant
northern-star
northern-star

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:23 am

Hi NS, good to see you here again.

That is a terrible story, that poor girl will have a baby that will remind her everyday of the rape. She could hate the sight of he poor child and make his/her life a misery. If that had happened to me, I would have old the church where to go and would make my own decision on what to do.

One of the reasons I hate religion, it stops people thinking for themselves and making decisions for themselves. They become mindless sheep.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 am

Is it right??? Good question.... My take is this:

No, it's not right that the church or any religion should be able to dictate to a woman about whether or not she can have an abortion, but only if that woman is not a part of that church or religion. If she is, however, then she has a choice. Follow the rules of the religion or leave the faith behind. There should be no half measures when it comes to these things. If someone goes to a catholic Hospital (I didn't know such a thing existed) then they surely know that abortion and contraception is something which the catholic faith does not agree with. You cannot force a religion to change their faith or that which they believe in. There are plenty of NHS hospitals in this country who are more than happy to give contraceptives & abortions quite legally, so I'd say go to one of these. That's the wonderful thing about this country, there is almost always a choice.

As for telling a woman what she can & can't do with her body, I totally agree. However, if a woman decides to have a baby I don't think she should be able to ask the father for any contributions towards that child if the father made it clear that he didn't want a child. As has been said, it's her body so her choice, but she should deal with the consequences herslef without ruining some dudes life with her selfish choice.
Cool
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum