Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Bamber - new appeal

Go down

Jeremy Bamber - new appeal Empty Jeremy Bamber - new appeal

Post  EarthsAngel Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:49 am

The Jeremy Bamber murder case is one of my all-time favourites. Yes, I know that sounds a bit awful because people were killed, but it's a fascinating case. It was either him or his sister who killed his family. He's been in prison for yonks, despite several appeals, and now he has a new one.

His appeal rests on whether or not there were scratches on a mantelpiece made by the silencer which was believed to have been used in the murders. The silencer was allegedly found in a cupboard several days after the murders, and that's one of the things which pointed the finger at Jeremy because if his sister had used it, she couldn't have killed herself and then put the silencer in the cupboard. It's thought that he used the gun with the silencer on, attacked his father and beat him with it, which led to the marks on the mantelpiece, shot his family, and then realised that Sheila's arms were too short to shoot herself with the silencer on, so he removed it and put it in the cupboard.

It's now been said that the marks on the mantelpiece were not there directly after the murder. If that's true, who put them there?

I'm not sure of the relevance actually. To me, the issue is who put the silencer in the cupboard, if indeed that's where it was found. It was Jeremy's relatives who said they found it there, not the police.

If the silencer had been put in the cupboard, why did the police not find it at the time? They were of course convinced at the time that Sheila had murdered her family so they weren't overly concerned with the crime scene. It's possible that the police put it there when they tidied the place up for Jeremy. It's possible that Sheila herself put it there before she shot herself. There was blood found on the silencer which was thought to be Sheila's at the time, but that is in dispute as well. If it's not her blood, then it's quite possible that she shot the family and then discarded the silencer before she shot herself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ction.html
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Bamber - new appeal Empty Re: Jeremy Bamber - new appeal

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 am

bounce

I have seen this before lol
study

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:27 am

It's an interesting case though and one I have followed for some time as well. I shall be interested to hear the outcome of this appeal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down