Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview With Capello

2 posters

Go down

Interview With Capello Empty Interview With Capello

Post  El Guapo Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:19 am

(Source: NOTW)

This is a very good interview with Capello.

HE COULD have saved the speech for a meeting with the players, a finger-jabbing, World Cup wake-up call behind closed doors.

Instead Fabio Capello addressed the nation, pulling his players into line during a stunning 35-minute session littered with soundbites.

This was England's manager at his most impressive, responding to questions from every conceivable angle with class and conviction.

In one simple sentence he cut off John Terry, confirming he will NEVER captain the country again - punishment for breaking the Italian's strict code of conduct.

"As long as I am England manager, I don't think John Terry will be captain again," he declared at the top of a remarkably colourful and at times entertaining interview.

He added that the door remains open for Wayne Bridge to return, with England's management treating his absence as "an injury".

Then it was on to the World Cup, joking that he hoped the WAGs would "get a virus" to prevent them travelling to South Africa, and yet the sentiment was clear.

After Baden-Baden in 2006, he really doesn't want the distraction of pretty young girls tottering around Sun City in heels the size of skyscrapers.

No one was safe from Capello, not even hat-trick hero Theo Walcott or the talismanic figure of Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole.

Capello claimed Walcott has "lost confidence" and Cole is "not the player I remember".

This is Capello's England. He is making decisions to protect the nation's chances of finally landing the greatest prize on Planet Football.

"The problem between John Terry and Wayne Bridge was not good and that is the only reason he is no longer the captain," revealed Capello.

"I expect my captain to be responsible to children and for the fans. I told him all of this."

Terry was sacked as England skipper during a short meeting with Capello at Wembley on February 5, but always maintained the Italian coach had left the door open for him to return.

BRIDGE: Considered as 'injured'
BRIDGE: Considered as 'injured'

Capello set the record straight, contradicting Terry during a fascinating briefing that had originally been designed to discuss Wednesday's friendly with Egypt.

"I have asked Terry to be the same as before because he is a leader, but the situation with Bridge was not good.

"When I spoke with Terry, he understood everything. I know exactly what happened.

"Terry is a leader of men, even without the armband. I hope this is the end of the problem because it is not good for the fans or the players.

"The spirit of the group remains the same. I'm not interested in this problem any more and my only concern now is that the best players are fit."

That is how he is treating Bridge's withdrawal; another "injury" concern as they build up to the World Cup.

Capello and his right-hand man Franco Baldini have three months to work on the Manchester City left-back, to patch things up with Terry and convince him to travel.

"To us this is 'an injury'. I have opened the door for other players and the door is open in the future for Wayne.

"He knows that he can change his mind. He has a different vision to me, but it's Wayne Bridge's life.

"He thinks it's better for him to stay out of the team and he has given us his reasons. It's the decision of the player, not mine.

"It's the opinion of the player that we are better off without him, but he could have been in the squad without a problem.

"In my opinion the decision was not in the best interest of the squad, but he could be with us next time.

"I only played in one World Cup and it's not easy to do that."

Bridge has already been to two tournaments, in the travelling party that made it to the quarter-finals in 2002 and 2006.

This time he will not be there, insisting that he will never again share a changing room with the man he once considered to be his best friend.

Instead his peg will be taken by either Leighton Baines or Stephen Warnock, thrust into Capello's World Cup plans after a traumatic month.

England will be captained on Wednesday by Steven Gerrard, handed the responsibility of leading the team after Rio Ferdinand was forced out with a back injury.

"Will I pick Ferdinand? Absolutely not. Is he playing in the Carling Cup Final? No, he's injured.

"Anyway, it's not a good moment to be captain of the country. 'You, do you want to be captain?'. 'No!'. But if Gerrard is fit, then he will be captain.

"In England there are so many problems, but the situation between Bridge and Terry was not normal.

"Something like this happened when I was an academy player - I was very young. But I can assure you it wasn't me."

Capello means business this week, fresh from the controversy over their half-built training centre in Rustenburg.

England's manager has since been assured by FIFA that it will be completed "within 50 days", a first-class facility that is far enough away from the WAGs.

That particular circus will pitch its tent in Sun City, yet Capello made it clear he would much rather they stay at home.

"The training ground is far enough away from them, but it's not important what they do outside of the training ground or the pitch.

"I don't know where they will stay, it's not my concern. I'm hoping there will be a virus."

There will be an outbreak elsewhere when Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger picks up on Capello's comments about Walcott, a ticking timebomb between two demanding managers.

The England chief claims Walcott's confidence is shot and that he is a shadow of the player who scored a hat-trick in Zagreb at the start of the World Cup qualifying campaign.

COLE: Not the same player
COLE: Not the same player

"I saw the last game Theo played, he was on for 72 minutes and did very well, but he is not in a fantastic moment.

"He needs to regain confidence because he has lost a lot of balls. He is getting better and better, but he needs to play."

So, too, does Joe Cole. Overlooked for Chelsea's clash with Inter Milan in midweek, he is in danger of being out in the cold this summer.

Capello added: "Cole did not play against Inter and it's not a good moment for him.

"Chelsea prefer Daniel Sturridge at the moment. Cole has problems and he's not the player I remember."

His managers for club and country are demanding individuals, cut from the same cloth after spending their careers in Italy.

Capello has been struck by English culture, embracing ideas and impressing his own principles on the 23 men who will represent the country at the World Cup.

After this, there is no doubt who sets the agenda.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Interview With Capello Empty Re: Interview With Capello

Post  Chelseaboy Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Fabio Capello has not set a foot wrong so far,

i read that interview yesterday and tended to agree with everything he said,

i am glad john terry has been put in his place, he will not be captain while capello is there as manager.

As capello said "I expect my captain to be responsible to children and for the fans. I told him all of this."

Terry thought he would get the captaincy back,

But after reading recently that he hasn't even apologized to wayne bridge,

and also turned down a chance to clear the air when the FA were going to act as mediators for terry & bridge,
it only leaves you thinking he has become far to big for his boots.

His performances have been abysmal for chelsea also recently
Chelseaboy
Chelseaboy
Angels
Angels

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:06 am

Chelseaboy wrote:Fabio Capello has not set a foot wrong so far,

i read that interview yesterday and tended to agree with everything he said,

i am glad john terry has been put in his place, he will not be captain while capello is there as manager.

As capello said "I expect my captain to be responsible to children and for the fans. I told him all of this."

Terry thought he would get the captaincy back,

But after reading recently that he hasn't even apologized to wayne bridge,

and also turned down a chance to clear the air when the FA were going to act as mediators for terry & bridge,
it only leaves you thinking he has become far to big for his boots.

His performances have been abysmal for chelsea also recently

I agree.

Capello has been the perfect professional. I really think he was what England needed after the Sven fiasco.

I was really pissed off at the Wags recently though. Show Capello some respect and honour his wishes by staying away during the World Cup!
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 am

I think Fabio Capello is right to ask the WAGS to stay away from the Wolld cup. After reading what SA is like now and from what EA tells us it is not the safest of places and they are high profile. The last thing he wants is the players wondering if their Wag is ok.
Apart from that Fabio would know always where JT was just not which room he was in. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 am

The safety issue is a very good point but I'm sure the Wags would probably have hired bodyguards everywhere they went.

I'm mainly against the idea because I think they have no business being there. Their partners are at work, not on holiday.

If any of them gives a damn about the nations chances of success at the world Cup they will honour Fabio's wishes and allow him to get his players to focus 100% on the tournament.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 am

Fabio as the manager needs to run the team the best was he see's fit, if he says he does not want the Wags there so the players can concentrate on football the players and Wags should respect that. Like you say the players are there working not on a free holiday. Sometimes i get the impression the Wags do things just to show he or anyone else is their boss and they can do as they please, this shows a lack of respect not only for England Manager but their Boyfriends/Husbands.

The Wags just want to go out there to party and Shop.
Maybe the players should grow some balls and tell the Wags they are on a business trip and they should stay at home.

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 am

Spot on!

They can visit Sun City anytime they please. Why they HAVE to visit during the World Cup is for one reason and one reason only. To get their botox injected faces and their silicone laden tits in the papers.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down