Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APARTHEID IN THE UK!!!!

2 posters

Go down

APARTHEID IN THE UK!!!! Empty APARTHEID IN THE UK!!!!

Post  EarthsAngel Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:09 am

The £18,000 council job you can't apply for if you are white

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 9:35 AM on 2nd June 2010

* Comments (49)
* Add to My Stories

A council has been accused of discrimination after white people were barred from applying for two £18,000-a-year jobs.

Bristol City has created the management training posts for graduates in an effort to recruit more minority employees.

As a result the council will only accept applications from ethnic minorities for the two-year placements.

But this has prompted criticism from white graduates struggling to find work.
Bristol city council

Bristol City Council have attracted criticism from white jobseekers who claim the job posts are 'totally racist'

One jobseeker, who did not wish to be named, described the posts as 'totally racist'.

He said: 'I am a tolerant white person who has lived in Bristol for 27 years.

'I am searching for a job and stumbled across a job advertisement on Bristol City Council's website that I see as totally racist.

'I feel the job would be an excellent opportunity for me to make use of the skills and qualifications that I have acquired but, being white, I am excluded.

'Equal opportunities means giving everyone an equal chance to succeed rather than discriminating against people because of the colour of their skin.'

The two jobs are described on BCC's website as 'open to black and minority ethnic graduates' only, with applications closing on June 11.

The job description reads: 'We are looking for two enthusiastic graduates with a degree in any discipline to undertake a two-year management training programme at Bristol City Council.

'You should have a strong interest in the delivery of local public services, be able to take the initiative and have the confidence to relate to people at all levels within the Council.

'The traineeship will involve rotating placements in different services of the City Council where you will be where you will be given 'on the job' training and undertake projects including policy and research work.

'You will need to be flexible and able to learn quickly in changing environments. The successful candidates will be offered a postgraduate diploma in Management Studies, a tax free training allowance and mentoring and support throughout the traineeship.'

Bristol council has 9,000 members of staff, not including teachers, of which 630, or seven per cent, are from ethnic minorities.

Because 12 per cent of Bristol residents come from minority backgrounds the council has begun trying to redress this imbalance.

James Easey, a spokesman for the council said advertising ethnic minority-only posts was allowed under race relations legislation.

He said: 'This traineeship was started because of the marked under-representation of ethnic minorities in our workforce.

'The normal recruitment process was not rectifying this unacceptably low trend so there was a strong case for this small positive recruitment traineeship for two ethnic minority graduates a year.

'We have a workforce of more than 9,000 employees, excluding school staff, so this is a small training programme.

'Graduates from any ethnic background are open to apply for the national graduate local government programme which we recruit from every year - we have just recruited two graduates in this way.'

The Race Relations Act 1976 states that if a racial group is under-represented councils can offer training to individuals from that group.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1283291/The-18-000-council-job-apply-white.html#ixzz0pgSKX000
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

APARTHEID IN THE UK!!!! Empty Re: APARTHEID IN THE UK!!!!

Post  EarthsAngel Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:22 am

Racism storm over £38,000 ‘Indians-only’ job advert

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:25 PM on 18th March 2010

* Comments (108)
* Add to My Stories

Conservative MP David Davies

'Racist': Conservative MP David Davies condemned the advert, which said it preferred applicants of Indian origin

A racism inquiry was under way last night after a firm advertised a £38,000-a-year job for someone 'preferably of Indian origin'.

The advert was placed on a popular recruitment website on behalf of a computer company based in Britain and India.

It stated: 'Minimum six years of experience in IT . . . The person should be a UK citizen with security clearance from the UK Government. Preferably of Indian origin.'

The advert was removed last night from the website as the Equality and Human Rights Commission launched an investigation.

The wording was condemned by Conservative Monmouth MP David Davies.

He said: 'It is quite clearly racist. I call on the EHRC to show resolute action in dealing with cases of anti-British discrimination.'

The advert, for the Bristol-based post at technology company Torry Harris, was spotted by IT consultant Vince Silva of Chepstow, Gwent.

He said: 'I have never seen a recruitment advert like this before, and think it is appalling job applicants could be discriminated against in this way.

'It raises a wider question about the way in which some big companies in Britain are bringing in IT workers from abroad instead of recruiting them here.'

Recruitment agency McGregor-Boyall Associates said the advert had been placed in error.

Spokesman Farhaan Majid said: 'This is a mistake. I put the advert through like this when I shouldn't have done.'

He added: 'Some companies prefer to employ people of Indian origin because they are immediately available and don't mind moving.

'Often people in Britain . . . have mortgages and don't want to move.'

More...

* Magistrate tried to evict naked Romanian tenant by throwing her property downstairs while friend hurled racist abuse

The recruitment firm's managing director Laurie Boyall said: 'It should not have been put up, and was cut and pasted from material sent to us by a client in India.'

Jobsite.co.uk said advert content was the responsibility of advertisers and it did not check listings before they were placed on the site.

Torry Harris declined to comment, but the EHRC said: 'It is unlawful to discriminate against a job applicant on the basis of their nationality...We will be looking into the matter.'

Earlier this week a supermarket supplier was accused of discriminating against British workers after insisting recruits for production line jobs at a factory in East Anglia must speak Polish.

Cooked meats contractor Forza AW, who placed the ad, said it had been an 'error'.

* In an earlier version of this article we incorrectly published a picture of Tory MP David Davis, not Monmouth MP David Davies. We apologise for the error.

Print this article Print this article
Read later Read later
Email to a friend Email to a friend
Share this article:
Facebook
Twitter

* Digg it
* Reddit
* Fark
* Del.icio.us
* Newsvine
* Nowpublic
* StumbleUpon
* MySpace

Comments (108)

Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not debate this issue live on our message boards.

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

* Newest
* Oldest
* Best rated
* Worst rated

This is only the tip of the iceburg but this Government and the so called Equality Commiision deliberatley turn a blind eye

- syd, Leeds UK, 18/3/2010 14:56
Click to rate Rating 553

Report abuse

I guess this is how the minorities feel when they are discriminated against.

- Robert, Bristol, United Kingdom, 18/3/2010 14:48
Click to rate Rating 497

Report abuse

If a white tries to bring up a problem involving "non-whites", it's racism.
If a "non-white" brings up the same problem, it shows how they are being discriminated against in some way.

Where is the equality in that?

We can't sweep things under the rug just because it might happen to involves minorities, that won't solve anything - only open discussion and practical, common-sense action will, regardless of where the problem has it's origin.

As for these ads being "mistakes"... Yeah, right...
Someone took the time and thought to put the text together, and then placed the ad. It is no mistake, it is a deliberate act.

"workers needed for meat processing. Apply ..."

or...

"Polish workers needed for meat processing - must speak fluent polish. Apply..."
"Workers needed ....... , Preferably of Indian origin. Apply..."

The first is simple, plain neutral. Not a problem.
The second ones where the demands are irrelevant requirements based purely on ethnicity?

- Chris, Ireland, 18/3/2010 14:34
Click to rate Rating 326

Report abuse

Stop, Think, Comment, London, 18/3/2010 : Your comment:
"Next time some complains about Political Correctness they should remember that the Equality and Human Rights Commission seeks to protect ALL of us. "

Of course, but their first priority - and it seems all priorities right down to the last but one - is to look after the non-British.

Equality has become such a debased word. It now means making sure that the scales fall hard down on one side.

- RNJ, Leatherhead, 18/3/2010 14:33
Click to rate Rating 350

Report abuse

India has really put a lot of money in training their residents for IT jobs. My American company's IT department is almost exclusively Indian people. Actually, my company sponsors visas for them and help them become US citizens. I will say that our IT team is incredibly qualified, dedicated, and hard working.

All of that said, it is wrong to put "Indian preferred" in a job advert. The job should always go to the most qualified, regardless of race or color. In my company, the Indian nationals just happened to be the most qualified.

- Lisa, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 18/3/2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1258818/Racism-storm-38-000-Indians-job-ad.html#ixzz0pgYXPCMC
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  northern-star Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:36 am

I believe the media play a huge part in the segregation of races that seems to be actually regressing as time passes. A decade or so ago I thought that the world was moving on, unfortunately I do not see it that way anymore
northern-star
northern-star

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:30 am

I agree NS, he media play a big part in stirring things up, but who are the powers that be who allow this sort of thing? Can you imagine if a position was advertised for whites only? It would cause riots in the streets. I think the loony left started it and it seems to have got out of control. People should be employed on merit and experience not race or skin colour, it breeds resentment.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down