Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Dates

5 posters

Go down

First Dates Empty First Dates

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 am

A recent survey has revealed that Essex girls are the nations (on average) cheapest dates with one in five stating they would be delighted if their date spent £20 on them.

On a first date, half of Essex Girls are happy with a bargain fast food burger or curry — and 52 per cent would split the bill.

In contrast, the study of 1,655 women for website Grupola.com revealed women in Woking, Surrey, are the country's most expensive, demanding a minimum of £150 lavished on them during a romantic night out.

Just two per cent of Woking ladies would be happy with a burger date. Two in five wanted dinner at a 'Michelin star restaurant', costing more than £300 and a further 19 per cent wanted a lavish three course meal.

Half of women from Winchester, Hants, and 40 per cent of girls in Oxford also expected men to spend a minimum of £150.

Oxford girls were also the least likely to split the bill with just seven per cent ever offering to pay.

A huge 61 per cent of Essex Girls rated themselves a 'cheap date' followed by 59 per cent of ladies in Liverpool and 57 per cent in Newport, Wales.

So the topic for debate is this:

To the ladies...would you really honestly be happy if a first date did not push the boat out to impress? Does it matter how much you fancy the person? In other words, would you be more prepared to let it slide depending on how much you liked him?

To the lads...would you be comfortable taking a first date out for just a burger? Would you be happy to split the bill?

Personally I suppose I'm a bit old school. I would never take a first date anywhere cheap and I would never expect her to pay (although I would like it if she at least offered).

Am I the last of a dying breed?

El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

First Dates Empty Re: First Dates

Post  Dame Edna Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Well, its been a very very long time since I was dating. And in those days in was an unwritten rule that the men always paid. I would have felt quite awkward actually, putting me hand in me pocket. As to your question EL...I suppose it depends on the woman and what she wants from the date. Flashing the cash can be impressive, and some women would deffo like that. Personally, I would enjoy a drink in a quiet pub, a chance to get to know the bloke. Perhaps i'm not the best person to ask here lol, age brings different expectations..but if we ever do meet skelly man, bring your wallet and i'll show you how to spend ya money.. Wink Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 pm

If I was going to spend £300 on a first date with a Woking girl I would expect at least a blow job!

If I were to spend £20 quid on a Burger meal with an Essex girl, I am guaranteed at least three!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm not saying flash the cash as such as I think that can sometimes be a bit vulgar. If you're going to try and buy her affection you may as well go and see a brass. I would never take somebody somewhere just because it's expensive. I take them where the food is good, irrespective of price. I'd be just as happy going to a good italian pizza parlour as Claridges. Going one further I don't think you even need to spend money on a first date for it to be a success. A picnic in a nice park on a sunny day doesn't cost much for example.

What I'm getting at is whether women would be happy with a McDonalds. I mean it's not very romantic or thoughtful is it? It's not really going to be remembered in the years to come as a special evening when you both fell in love. And as for the food being good do I even need to go there? lol

If first impressions speak volumes what does it say about the man you're with if he only takes you out for a burger and then expects some action afterwards?! When I say should a man push the boat out what I mean is should the man put some thought into the date and make sure it's suited to something his date will really enjoy?

In other words should it matter how much money you spend as long as some thought has gone into it? Personally that's what I think should be most important but then I suppose I'm just a bit of a soppy romantic at heart. Must be the latin in me...;-)
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah.....I'm a soppy romantic too!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Winston wrote:If I was going to spend £300 on a first date with a Woking girl I would expect at least a blow job!

If I were to spend £20 quid on a Burger meal with an Essex girl, I am guaranteed at least three!

First Dates 55984
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Winston wrote:If I was going to spend £300 on a first date with a Woking girl I would expect at least a blow job!

And that ^^^^^^^^^^ is why I like to get to know a fella first!! And £300, who the frig has that kind of money to spend on one date?? Not the folk I know thats for sure!! God I hate friggin posh nobs... Wink First Dates 193827
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:46 pm

A first date for me is simple.

1) Go somewhere that your date will enjoy. If you've listened to them in the time you've known them you'll know where to take them, if not then ask questions.

2) The place you go & the money spent will never be remembered in the same way as the kind of company you were. It's the person that makes the date, not just the place.

3) Expect nothing for your money & time spent, but always come prepared.... Wink

4) Last but not least, just be yourself. Start as you mean to go on & you can't go far wrong.

So for me, I'd be comfortable taking a date to McDonalds if that was where she wanted to go. In fact, I've had a very successful date at McDonalds...... Laughing
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:23 pm

i've never found it's the amount of money spent.best first dates have been where a man has shown a little thought and imagination.it could be a picnic somewhere unusual.going trout tickling,watching a local cricket or football team.kite flying,make it interesting we can eat anytime.first date my man took me flying in his plane up the wye valley on an autum day it was beautiful,when we got back we had fish and chips.he's not flash and we both drink pints.he still suprises me when he's home and sunday is our day.he still comes up with great ideas of what to do,packs me in the car and takes me somewhere different.watching dragon boat racing down the docks was the last one great fun.it's the thought that counts not the money...dont like mcdonalds mind No
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum