Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Significance of the Pentagram

2 posters

Go down

The Significance of the Pentagram Empty The Significance of the Pentagram

Post  El Guapo Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:52 am

The Pentagram has long been misinterpreted as a symbol of satanical worship. It's roots, however, are anything but.

The Pentagram is a symbol of a star encased in a circle. Always with 5 points (one pointing upward), each has its own meaning. The upward point of the star is representative of the spirit. The other four points all represent an element; earth, air, fire, and water. All these things contibutite to life and are a part of each of us.

To wear a pentagram necklace or other form of jewelry, is to say you feel the connection with the elements and respect the earth.

The number 5 has always been regarded as mystical and magical, yet essentially 'human'. We have five fingers/toes on each limb extremity.We commonly note five senses - sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste. We perceive five stages or initiations in our lives - eg. birth, adolescence, coitus, parenthood and death. (There are other numbers / initiations / stages / attributions).

The number 5 is associated with Mars. It signifies severity, conflict and harmony through conflict. In Christianity, five were the wounds of Christ on the cross. There are five pillars of the Muslim faith and five daily times of prayer.

Five were the virtues of the medieval knight - generosity, courtesy, chastity, chivalry and piety as symbolised in the pentagram device of Sir Gawain. The Wiccan Kiss is Fivefold - feet, knees, womb, breasts, lips - Blessed be.

The number 5 is prime. The simplest star - the pentagram - requires five lines to draw and it is unicursal; it is a continuous loop.

The Significance of the Pentagram Pentagram2
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Significance of the Pentagram Empty Re: The Significance of the Pentagram

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 am

I wear a Pentagram, its silver and I have had it for years. I sometimes see horror in people's eyes and I have been asked if I am a Satanist lol!!! I tell people to go and do a bit of research and do it with an open mind. I am saddened by so many have been so brain washed and are unable to think for themselves.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum