Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Service for Benefit Claimants?

4 posters

Go down

Community Service for Benefit Claimants? Empty Community Service for Benefit Claimants?

Post  El Guapo Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 am

George Osbourne has recently announced that long term benefit claimants will be asked to perform up to 30 p/w of community service or risk having their benefits cut for up to three months.

The types of jobs will include things like painting schools, litter collecting, and general help with community projects.

Personally I think this is a fantastic idea. Benefit money is not free money and there is no reason why claimants should not be expected to give something in return for what they claim. However, on the hand, is it fair to expect somebody to effectively work twice? If you have paid contributions into the system by way of national insurance is it right to be expected to have to work those hours a second time in order to receive something back?

El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Community Service for Benefit Claimants? Empty Re: Community Service for Benefit Claimants?

Post  chelseaz Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 am

i'd love to make the lazy bastards who just live off the state get off their backsides and contribute,however as soon as you make the first one do something they will start screaming about their ...human rights...slave labour...why should i have to work for less than minimum wage...moan moan blahh blahh..i'm afraid the only answer is a good culling and compulsary sterilization. Twisted Evil i feel sorry for people who have lost their jobs and want to work and don't think it's fair that they will be classed in the same way as serial spongers...although these would probably be the first people to step forward and get on with it.
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Community Service for Benefit Claimants? Empty Re: Community Service for Benefit Claimants?

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:11 am

It's a brilliant idea, so many lazy sponging bastards, it might just give them a sense of pride that they are doing something to earn their easy money. Those who have worked before will, a Chelz says, probably be the first to step up. I think only losing benefits for three months isn't good enough. If they refuse to work, they should lose ALL benefits for good. It's time to kick ass with all the lazy shysters. I'll bet the immigrants won't be so eager to come to the UK if this goes ahead. Killing two birds with one stone.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 am

I think it's a good idea. Not quite as far as I'd have gone, but a good idea all the same. As it's only for Long Term benefit claimants I don't think the working the hours twice thing applies as they'd have more than likely surpassed what they have paid into the system. Also, I'd imagine that many long term benefit claimants have never worked a day in their life so have paid nothing into the system anyway.

Personally though I think what they should do is offer some of these long term claimants full time permanent jobs whilst allowing them to keep the full benefits they have been receiving, including housing benefit as their salary. That way at least they are still working for their money, it'd be easy to weed out the ones who simply don't want to work & it would bring an end to the fact that it pays more to be on benefits in most cases. Those who refuse to take the job have their benefits stopped permanently.

On top of that, I think there should be a time limit that you can remain on benefits & this time limit should be dictated by how much you have paid into the system before you start taking out of the system. I also think that no one should be able to claim benefits unless they have paid into the system for at least 3 years. Those who are unable to work due to medical inability should be exempt.
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum