Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Are There Calls For M-Cat To Be Banned?

2 posters

Go down

Why Are There Calls For M-Cat To Be Banned? Empty Why Are There Calls For M-Cat To Be Banned?

Post  El Guapo Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:55 am

Recently in the news we have learnt of the death of two teenage boys after they ingested the substance known as M-Cat which is commercially sold as plant food.

The knee jerk reaction is that Ministers are now considering banning the substance and I'm at a loss to know why...

The simple fact is humans enjoy getting stoned. If it's not some tribesman licking a frog in the Amazonian rainforests then its some teenage dickhead snorting lines of plant food. Banning substances is never going to solve any problem as people will simply look to other methods of getting high. Crystal meth, for example, is a lethal drug made up out of everyday household ingredients. It gained popularity as an alternative to cocaine and heroin. Are we to ban all the ingredients that go into crystal meth too?

The reason substances such as M-Cat are sold as legal highs is because the Government have banned other substances. Ban M-Cat and other legal highs will soon appear on the market. The most compelling argument for the legalisation of all narcotics is that it stifles the emergence of others.

At some point it needs somebody with the backbone to say what everyone is thinking. These two boys died for two very simple reasons. Stupidity and, crucially, lack of information.

Instead of squandering billions on foreign aid how about spending some of that money to aid our own? Drugs and the effects of them should be part of the syllabus in every high school. Running a television advert with a talking dog telling kids "drugs are bad," is an insult to every teenager. Does the government really think anybody takes the blindest bit of notice to a 30 second commercial?!

Instead of treating these two dead children as victims perhaps society needs to recognise they were adult enough to know what they were taking was dangerous? It doesn't take a genuis to figure out plant food is made for plants and not for damn humans. I find it difficult to have any sympathy towards them despite my heart going out to their parents.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why Are There Calls For M-Cat To Be Banned? Empty Re: Why Are There Calls For M-Cat To Be Banned?

Post  EarthsAngel Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:09 am

I feel the same way El, these boys knew what they were doing, they all know how dangerous drugs are, yet the y are prepared to take the risk and play Russian Roulette every time they take drugs. I feel for their families, but have little sympathy for them.

It's bloody stupid to think that they can ban everything on the market that can be turned into a drug, as you say, stop giving money away to corrupt dictators and spend it on education. WTF will I feed my plants with if everything is banned, my plants have feeling too!! Laughing
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down