Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Remakes

Go down

Movie Remakes Empty Movie Remakes

Post  El Guapo Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:07 am

I've jsut been watching a clip from the new Nightmare on Elm Street remake...

Now..is it just me or is anyone else getting sick of all these movie remakes? Whatever happened to originality? More often than not the remake isn't a patch on the original so what exactly is the point? The argument that they are bringing the films to a new audience is a load of bollocks. If you're old enough to watch the new Freddie film you're also old enough to remember the originals.

Robert Englund IS Freddie...there can be no imitation. I don't even need to see the remake to know it's going to be a load of shit.

Clash of the Titans is another one I won't bother with this summer. I have the original on DVD and I'm perfectly happy with that version thank you very much.

Does anyone else think Hollywood is treating us all as fools? After watching the much hyped Avatar I couldn't help feeling afterwards it was simply The Last Samurai with aliens.

What does everyone else think? Are there any remakes that really make your blood boil or can you think of examples where the remake is actually better than the original?
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down