Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaza aid flotilla attacked, 10 killed

5 posters

Go down

Gaza aid flotilla attacked, 10 killed Empty Gaza aid flotilla attacked, 10 killed

Post  Rockstar. Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 am

Israeli forces have attacked the international aid convoy Freedom Flotilla en route to the besieged Gaza Strip, killing at least 10 people and leaving more than 50 injured.

The attack came on Monday morning after one of the six ships in the convoy was hit by Israeli navy forces before being stormed by commandos descending from helicopters.

The interception reportedly took place in international waters, more than 150km (90 miles) off the coast of Gaza.

Israel had earlier deployed warships and threatened to stop the flotilla from reaching the Palestinian territory where the war-ravaged residents were impatiently eying the arrival of the aid convoy.

Israeli navy forces and helicopters have taken over the ships in the humanitarian aid convoy and are using force against those on board, a Press TV correspondent reported.

Israeli soldiers have also reportedly detained activists accompanying the convoy.

In Gaza, Palestine's democratically elected Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh strongly condemned the attack on the flotilla and called on the international community to protect the aid mission.

The convoy carries 10,000 tons of supplies and hundreds of politicians, activists and journalists.

The flotilla was seeking to break Israel's crippling blockade of Gaza and deliver basic necessities to the impoverished Palestinians in the coastal enclave.

http://presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=128420&sectionid=351020202
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Gaza aid flotilla attacked, 10 killed Empty Re: Gaza aid flotilla attacked, 10 killed

Post  Jimmy Saville Mon May 31, 2010 3:55 am

Your point Rock?!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Gaza aid flotilla attacked, 10 killed Empty Re: Gaza aid flotilla attacked, 10 killed

Post  Jimmy Saville Mon May 31, 2010 3:58 am

Islam is a piece of shit on the arse of the world!!....
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Mon May 31, 2010 4:54 am

Fucking scum of the earth !
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Mon May 31, 2010 5:00 am

An Opinion Rock!.........Should I post links to things done in the name of Islam??

Or perhaps should we just keep this forum as a place where Beliefs are ignored, and folk just get on??
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Mon May 31, 2010 8:45 am

Personally I don't think religion comes into it. Attacking an aid ship is an utter disgrace full stop and Israel should be rightly condemned for it.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Mon May 31, 2010 9:47 am

Winston wrote:Islam is a piece of shit on the arse of the world!!....

WTF has Islam got to do with this news story ? Shocked

You are not very good at trolling.Are you ? No
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 am

Winston wrote:An Opinion Rock!.........Should I post links to things done in the name of Islam??

Or perhaps should we just keep this forum as a place where Beliefs are ignored, and folk just get on??

Who the fuck is stopping you from posting links to things done in the name of Islam ? Just don't do it in this thread please. What has this got to do with this thread anyways ?

Are you saying just because there are some Islamic extremists we shouldn't discuss things happening in Middle East ?

Regarding your latter part of the post , I didn't know I was doing anything wrong with posting a legitimate news story. WTF is your problem ? Go troll someone else...
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Mon May 31, 2010 10:29 am

Calm down Rock.....Islam invented the attacking the innocent!

What has is got to do with this thread?.........Anything you can grab from Israel to deflect blame!!

Are you telling me I can't post on this thread Rock??
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 am

If you are going to make aggressive posts..At least have the decency to be fair about it and allow fair response!!

Is attacking an aid convoy any different than Blowing up a bus carrying people travelling to work?............I don't think so!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 am

Winston wrote:If you are going to make aggressive posts..At least have the decency to be fair about it and allow fair response!!

Is attacking an aid convoy any different than Blowing up a bus carrying people travelling to work?............I don't think so!!

Thanks for confirming that you feel the Israeli forces are just the same terrorists as are the ones who did London Bombings !
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 am

El_Guapo wrote:Personally I don't think religion comes into it. Attacking an aid ship is an utter disgrace full stop and Israel should be rightly condemned for it.

I agree with this post ...
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:50 am

Rockstar. wrote:
Winston wrote:If you are going to make aggressive posts..At least have the decency to be fair about it and allow fair response!!

Thanks for confirming that you feel the Israeli forces are just the same terrorists as are the ones who did London Bombings !

Not the same Terrorists Rock!!.......Anyone who attacks without provocation is a Terrorist in my book!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:49 am

Winston wrote:
Rockstar. wrote:

Not the same Terrorists Rock!!.......Anyone who attacks without provocation is a Terrorist in my book!

You seem to be retracting from the earlier statement you made in this thread...

Fine you may have it your way , But then you are excusing the perpetrators who did 9/11 and the suicide bombings in Afghanistan and Iraq by saying they are not Terrorists in your book !

Shame on you....

Which way is it going to be ? Make up your mind FFS...
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 pm

I was Merely saying Rock.That for a Muslim to jump at the chance to criticise the bad behaviour of another is hypocritical in the extreme!!

As a Xenophobic Brit I have no desire to support the actions of the Israelis than I do the attitude of the wanna be world dominating actions of Islam........

You have your way.I have mine!!

So read before you post Rock!! Wink
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Winston wrote:I was Merely saying Rock.That for a Muslim to jump at the chance to criticise the bad behaviour of another is hypocritical in the extreme!!

As a Xenophobic Brit I have no desire to support the actions of the Israelis than I do the attitude of the wanna be world dominating actions of Islam........

You have your way.I have mine!!

So read before you post Rock!! Wink

WTF has me being a Muslim got to do with this thread ?

How does it make me a ' Hypocrite ' ?

It would make me a Hypocrite only if I had done something of similar nature and then expressed outrage over it seeing the same action done by another whilst still justifying my actions..

Don't be apologetic over your own posts.. You clearly said that in your book you think terrorists are only those people who attack without provocation...

Last edited by ColinS on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rocky you are allowed your opinion but no personal insults please)
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Bummer Rock!......I missed what you really said! lol
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:44 am

It seems the British, one-sided Liberal press are now being a little more truthful. It seems that the Israelis asked to board and search the ship, they were refused and several more requests were made before they boarded the ship. The one-sided, liberal press were calling the people on board 'Aid workers' now they are calling then 'ACTIVISTS' The activists attacked the Israeli soldiers with iron bars, knives and guns. any of the 'British' ACTIVISTS were dual nationality.

I will wait and see what starts to dribble out in the media before I make any sort of judgment. I a sure the ship will be searched, so i would rather wait and see what turns up.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:17 am

Winston wrote:Bummer Rock!......I missed what you really said! lol

I had expected that from you... Laughing
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:32 am

EarthsAngel wrote:It seems the British, one-sided Liberal press are now being a little more truthful. It seems that the Israelis asked to board and search the ship, they were refused and several more requests were made before they boarded the ship. The one-sided, liberal press were calling the people on board 'Aid workers' now they are calling then 'ACTIVISTS' The activists attacked the Israeli soldiers with iron bars, knives and guns. any of the 'British' ACTIVISTS were dual nationality.

I will wait and see what starts to dribble out in the media before I make any sort of judgment. I a sure the ship will be searched, so i would rather wait and see what turns up.

If anything British Press like BBC were accused of being bias towards Israel in reporting this incident...

Some facts for you :

The Ship was in INTERNATIONAL WATERS when the raid happened.The legal position is quite clear on this.This was an act of Illegal Warfare. Though one may argue that Israel has never had any respect for International Law for decades.

Shots were fired by the Israelis and then the Israelis stormed the ship from Helicopters.I don't know about you but in the middle of the night on my ship , if Armed Assailants stormed my ship and my crewmembers were in large numbers , then we would do anything to prevent being attacked by intruders.

The Paintball gun looks quite realistic.And remind me again the purpose of Israeli's idea of having paintball guns with them ? Mossad's pledge " By deception , thou shalt wage war " comes to mind in this instance....

The 10 people or 19 people killed were not murdered by Paintball Guns..

Every port the Ship was docked , it had been thoroughly searched by authorities of those countries for Hidden Weapons and they were found clear of it.

Call them Activists , Aid Workers or whatever...They were HEROES who selflessly seeing the plight of Oppressed people did something to help them without anything in return.... My salutes to them...
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:31 pm

'Call them Activists , Aid Workers or whatever...They were HEROES who selflessly seeing the plight of Oppressed people did something to help them without anything in return.... My salutes to them...'

I agree Rock........Just what The British and Americans did in Iraq.....Here's to the heroes!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:37 am

They were warned! I am not justifing what happened, but there are always two sides to every story. Here is a bit of the other side.

EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:38 am

I can't help but feel that despite all of Israel's protestations what they did was inexcusable.

Lets think about it for a moment...

A ship carrying activists is heading out to Gaza. They're trying to cross a blockade by Israeli forces. The people on board are probably shitting their pants that they're going to get caught. They know if they get caught Israeli forces aren't exactly the most merciful of soldiers.

What would any of us do in their position? Surrender meekly and prepare to be executed in the dead of night or try and fight back?

The people on board were armed with kitchen knives and clubs. People are asking why did the activists have these weapons? Kitchen knives are not an uncommon sight on ships. Even ships have kitchens...

None of the people on board were trained fighters. The Israeli soldiers, on the other hand, are highly trained and were armed with machine guns. Is anyone honestly trying to say the Israeli forces simply HAD to shoot to kill?

No matter how you dress this incident up the bottom line is excessive force was used and civilians, not soldiers, were massacred.

Since the massacre took place the ship has been thoroughly searched. Has any heavy weapons cache been found?

I don't care about East vs West or Islam vs Judaism. Both sides have been guilty of atrocities but past actions do not ever excuse present actions. You can't say the people on the ship deserved it because some unrelated terrorist flew a plane into the WTC ten years ago. That's just plain silly.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:08 am

'Both sides have been guilty of atrocities but past actions do not ever excuse present actions.'

Not sure I agree with that!!........But revenge should never affect the weak or innocent, which, unfortunately it often does!

If the world and the people in it had a modicome of decency, there would be no need for this debate!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down