Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE 2010 WORLD CUP FINAL!!!

2 posters

Go down

THE 2010 WORLD CUP FINAL!!! Empty THE 2010 WORLD CUP FINAL!!!

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:27 am

Spain v Netherlands!!

What a match!! History is going to be made with this one! Neither team has ever made it to a World Cup final before, neither team has ever won the trophy, and, on top of this, they've never even met before in a tournament!!!

I can't bloody wait!!

COME ON SPAIN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU BE-AAAAAAAAUTY!
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

THE 2010 WORLD CUP FINAL!!! Empty Re: THE 2010 WORLD CUP FINAL!!!

Post  DarkLord Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:38 am

Neither team has ever won the world cup, however, whilst Spain have never made it to a World cup final before Holland have made 2 (1974 vs West Germany & 1978 vs Argentina) and lost both.

It will be a history maker though & I can't wait either! Trip to Amsterdam this weekend me thinks Laughing cheers
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:41 am

Amsterdam eh? Now there's an idea.... THE 2010 WORLD CUP FINAL!!! 912780

Last night's game was far from a classic but I think Spain were the better team. They have to try and be a little more direct though! The passing game is lovely to watch but ffs somebody take a bloody shot at goal!

The final should be an interesting one. Both teams play very similar football and it's a tough one to call.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:47 am

Spain play the patient way. Keep possession, pass well, score late so that your opponents have minimal time to respond. The Dutch are more direct in their approach.

It should be a thrilling game, especially if the dutch score first. Predicting the outcome will be difficult, but I'd say Spain may have the edge.......

Either way, Amsterdam here I come! cheers
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 am

Don't you think the entire WC has been a bit of a let down though? Every game we've eagerly anticipated has turned out to be a bit of a non starter. :-(

I dunno what it is but this WC hasn't had the same level of excitement the last one had for me.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:45 am

I think it's down to too many teams trying to take the cautious route. Look at all the teams who went out early, many from large footballing nations & their fans were far from impressed.

I also think there may have been a little too much expectation on the so called bigger teams & underestimating of the smaller ones.....
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:52 am

Defo go along with that. None of the marquee players have really performed have they? Torres, Messi, Rooney etc have all had really bad tournaments.

I understand all this about the weight of expectation and so on but I find it hard to sympathise with these players when they moan about the pressure. When you're as highly paid as they are it's a but stupid to think people are not going to expect something in return.

Maybe before some of these players make these obscene wage demands they should accept that if it all goes wrong they're going to have much further to fall.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:33 am

Ah, but there's the problem. They are paid massive wages by their clubs, not the national team & they turn in wonderful performances for their clubs under pressure......

Maybe if they were paid the same by the national team they might turn up & perform at these tournaments........
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 am

COME ON ESPANA!!