Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way To Go Dave!

+3
EarthsAngel
chelseaz
El Guapo
7 posters

Go down

Way To Go Dave! Empty Way To Go Dave!

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:16 am

I'm starting to really like this guy!

DAVID Cameron yesterday accused Pakistan of double dealing on terror - in the most withering attack yet from a British leader.

The PM slammed Islamabad for "promoting the export" of fanatical extremists behind the West's back.

After years of suspicion, he dramatically tightened the screw on the nuclear-armed Muslim nation. And he revealed he had discussed its terror links when he met President Obama in Washington last week.

A massive leak of intelligence tip-offs to the WikiLeaks website also implicated President Zardari's regime of backing attacks on Nato forces in Afghanistan.

On a two-day trip to neighbouring India Mr Cameron insisted: "We should be very, very clear with Pakistan that we want to see a strong, stable and democratic Pakistan.

"But we cannot tolerate in any sense the idea that this country is allowed to look both ways and is able, in any way, to promote the export of terror - whether to India, to Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world."

Echoing similar recent attacks from the White House, the PM's outburst is proof that patience is wearing thin with Pakistan's playing insurgents off against the West.

Today Mr Cameron will hold talks on Pakistan's terror role with Indian Premier Dr Manmohan Singh in Delhi.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3073722/Prime-Minister-Cameron-accuses-Pakistan-of-double-dealing-on-terrorism.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News#ixzz0v44eqUBx
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Way To Go Dave! Empty Re: Way To Go Dave!

Post  chelseaz Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:35 am

way to go david....to be honest el i have found the man quite frightening the last few days.provoking pakistan...i would suggest he treads a little carefully.also flying the flag for turkey to become a full member of the e.u. is not going to please a lot of people.they have been associate members for several years and i don't see the need to take it further.bringing a muslim country into full partnership,a country that has it's own terrorist problems will just add to ours.mind you his speach made me laugh when he was promoting the the usefulness of turkey to the eu when he said....they are also the second largest producers of t.v.s in the world.well great,after a free flat screen are we david..lol...the man is a little to gung ho for me at the moment and i am a little worried that he will get us into a bigger war than we are already dealing with.
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Chels :-)

I think the reason is purely financial. The EU is crippling every country in it at the moment because it's propping up too many countries with a very weak economy. Allowing Turkey in will actually ease the pressure Britain is under in Europe economically.

I don't actually think we WILL see hordes of people migrating to Britain from Turkey. Why would they leave Turkey to come here? Life is probably better for them right now out there than it would be in Britain.

El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:33 am

I like Dave and it's about time the UK had a strong leader. He was spot on with pakistan, everyone has been too wimpy to actually voice everyone's concerns.

If they change the Immigration and benefit laws PDQ I don't think there will be a massive influx of Turks? If they carry on throwing money at immigrants then I think a few million will come over and take advantage of free-living Britain (For some)
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 am

do you not think the eu will stipulate that turkey has to join the euro? in which case it would scupper davids plans of trade for the uk. turkey is doing very nicely with tourism having a different currency,and tourism is one of it's biggest earners.as to immigrants comming here,we already have thousands of turks here so the eu won't make much difference.the people who will come will be kurds,who cause most of the problems in turkey....as to pakistan..ghandi did warn what would happen after separation...how right he was.
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockstar. Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:15 am

He is in India ,, kow-towing to Indians,, Signing big deals ,,, Biggest Business Delegation,,, He needs Indian Investors in UK .. Of course it is mandatory on him to bitch about Pakistan !! Perfect Politician !! Cool
Rockstar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Just as Rock is the perfect Poster LOL
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:04 am

well well just as i suspected..the effigy come flag burners are out.i thought it was a very bad likeness of "our dave" and would ask these peace loving anti terrorists .. lol! to make a bit more effort.our top ambassador has been summoned and they got well stuffed at cricket....yeah.can't wait for the next episode.
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:44 am

I was thrilled when the Tories kicked out Labours bad ass frenzied grip on power of the UK for the past 13 years or so. The Tories made promises everyone wanted to hear, but are they reneging on those promises? They promised to deal with Immigration, yet more than 2,000 of previously rejected asylum seekers are now being allowed to stay. The UK is in a terrible financial mess (thanks to rabid labour) people are having to tighten their belts, times are going to be very tough for a few years to come. Who is going to pay for all these asylum seekers? Where will they be housed? Will they still go to top of the housing lists? Will they have your money hurled at them as happened with the Labour Gov? What other promises have they reneged on since coming to power?
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Way To Go Dave! Empty I agree with Dave on this one.

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:30 am

It will put a stop to all those useless degree's......media studies, BA degree etc.

maybe now the clever students will get a proper degree, engineering, Science, physics, Maths etc. Maybe then the people who can't afford University will go into badly needed trades. So much tax payers money on Art and History degrees that get you nowhere in the real world.

DAVID Cameron has told Lib Dem MPs threatening a rebellion over student tuition fees to like it - or lump it.

The defiant PM insisted both sides of the Coalition must "compromise" to get a deal.

The warning came as ex-BP boss Lord Browne prepares to unveil his university funding blueprint today.

Angry Lib Dem MPs are threatening to revolt over the plans which could see tuition fees more than double - a move they vowed to oppose during the election campaign.

They are also furious that Business Secretary Vince Cable has ditched plans for a graduate tax.

Last night Mr Cable was battling with Tories to thrash out a deal on tuition fees.

But the PM made clear he will not be deflected. He said: "Everybody has to compromise because we all want the same thing.

"Whether it is Conservative colleagues or Liberal Democrat colleagues we all want to achieve good universities, social mobility, fairness and a progressive system."

Lord Browne unveils his findings at a meeting with the PM, Deputy PM Nick Clegg, Mr Cable, Labour boss Ed Miliband and Shadow Universities Secretary John Denham.

He will call for the £3,290 cap on tuition fees to be axed. Under his plans, fees are expected to soar to £7,000.

But Lord Browne will propose that universities charging much more than £7,000 should be forced to hand extra cash they raise to the Government.

An insider said: "This counter-balancing mechanism will stop fees shooting through the roof."

And he will reassure the less well-off that loans taken out to pay for courses will only be repaid when they start earning a certain amount.

In response, Mr Cable is expected to today propose that low-paid graduates pay zero interest on loans - while better-paid ones pay two or three per cent above base rate.

It's about time Dave told the limp wristed Lib Dems to STFU!! Most of the country didn't want anything to do with the Lib Dems, I doubt they are interested in anything they propose now!

Had to laugh at some of the chavvy labour louts on Sol, they are complaining about this, the only time most of them will see inside a University is when they are cleaning out the toilets and mopping floors.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3175573/PM-Uni-rebels-can-like-itor-lump-it.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News#ixzz128bzH7Go
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:21 am

I like dave... tough times for all of us..but we have to get things sorted as the country is in debt up to it's eyeballs...need to get real..we all have to get on with it !!! Way To Go Dave! 71010
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkLord Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:49 am

"maybe now the clever students will get a proper degree, engineering, Science, physics, Maths etc. Maybe then the people who can't afford University will go into badly needed trades."

I think maybe the ones who can afford it will get degrees. Not all clever students will be able to afford this so the rich get educated & the not so rich end up in trade jobs to make ends meet...... Doesn't sound very fair to me. Also seems like a waste of potentially great talent & minds as some of the most talented & smartest individuals have come from humble backgrounds.
If anything, I think we should invest heavily in our future and the children are our future......
DarkLord
DarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:28 pm

HI Dl, there will be bursaries for those who work hard and get good grades. I don't think the poorer people will lose out if they work hard. I think a lot of money has been wasted on useless degree's, make room for those who really have potential.....rich or poor.People with a trade are very sought after and will be well paid, there is a huge shortage and they are very sought after. SA is trying to import electricians, plumbers,welders, tool and dye etc, they are offering great packages. Not many are coming tho, crime is a big problem here, but they are still badly needed. If you have a trade it's easier to get into Oz, Canada NZ, they also have a shortfall.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down