Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao v Margarita - Full Replay

Go down

Pacquiao v Margarita - Full Replay Empty Pacquiao v Margarita - Full Replay

Post  El Guapo Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:33 am

MANNY PACQUIAO picked apart Antonio Margarito to claim the vacant WBC light-middleweight title in Dallas.

The pound-for-pound king won every round, leaving Margarito barely able to open his eyes at the end of the brutal contest.

Pacquiao could not find the knockout blow but it came as no surprise when the judges scored the fight 120-109, 119-109 and 118-110 in his favour.

Pac-Man, 31, was clearly concerned about his Mexican opponent and urged referee Laurence Cole to stop the contest in round 11.

The humble Filipino said: "I told the referee, 'Look at his eyes, look at his cuts'.

"I did not want to damage him permanently. That's not what boxing is about.

"I thought the referee and the doctor should take a look as his eye was really bad. Boxing is not for killing each other."

Margarito deserves full credit for going the distance and hurting Pacquiao with stinging shots to the head and body in the middle rounds.

Many fighters would have thrown in the towel but Margarito admitted the thought of quitting never crossed his mind.

He said: "There was no way I was gong to quit. I'm a Mexican, we fight until the end."

Margarito's trainer Robert Garcia added: "Manny is the best fighter in the world. He is just too fast - very, very quick.

Brilliant fight! The Pac Man showing once again why he is considered pound for pound the best boxer in any division. This was no Audley V Haye shambles. Margarito was actually a credible opponet but Pacquiaos speed and class shone through.

FULL REPLAY OF FIGHT TO BE POSTED SHORTLY...

Last edited by El Guapo on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao v Margarita - Full Replay Empty Re: Pacquiao v Margarita - Full Replay

Post  El Guapo Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:42 am