Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millions of iPod fans breaking law by copying CDs

Go down

Millions of iPod fans breaking law by copying CDs Empty Millions of iPod fans breaking law by copying CDs

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 am

So-called "format shifting" is illegal under British copyright law. If a consumer has bought the CD they are breaking the law if they "shift" the content onto another device, even if they are the only one to listen to the music.

Consumer Focus, the Government-backed watchdog, has called for the law to be changed. It has surveyed 2,000 adults and found 17 per cent did not realise that copying CDs onto their computer or iPod was illegal.
Telegraph.co.uk

So when i copied a' ma auld vinyl albums tae tape i was breaking the law??

Back to top Go down

Millions of iPod fans breaking law by copying CDs Empty Re: Millions of iPod fans breaking law by copying CDs

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 am

Shit I am in the process of copying all the vinyl onto this hard drive via a usb deck Shocked

Whats the point in owning vinyl and not being able to hear it because your record deck has gone the journey? Besides Vinyl is heavy and takes up too much room. Still got loads of tapes too, at least I can still listed to them. bounce

Back to top Go down