Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours)

2 posters

:: Travel

Go down

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Empty Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours)

Post  Chelseaboy Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Towering, kite-shaped airships could herald a new era of luxury transport following today's introduction of the Aircruise concept.

Standing 98ft taller than Canary Wharf, packing 330,000 cubic metres of hydrogen gas and capable of lifting 396 tonnes, the Aircruise concept features penthouse apartments, bars and even dizzying glass viewing floors.

Aircruise was created as the antithesis of a hurried, crowded passenger jet. London-based design and innovation company Seymourpowell wanted to rethink transport - on the premise 'slow is the new fast'.

It could ferry 100 people from London to New York in a leisurely 37 hours as opposed to the seven it takes now by airplane.

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Articl25

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Articl28

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Articl26

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Articl29

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Articl30

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Articl31

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Articl32

Silent and pollution free, the Aircruise combines solar power with a primary hydrogen drive for a cruising speed of around 90mph.

It can fly up to a maximum of 12,000ft but if there are specific areas of interest en route it can drop down to a few hundred feet.

Seymourpowell design director Nick Talbot said:

'The Aircruise concept questions whether the future of luxury travel should be based around space-constrained, resource-hungry, and all too often stressful airline travel.'

He said the Aircruise straddles the line between a cruise ship and a floating hotel.

Looks awesome to me,

the only thing is when i look at flying balloons filled with hydrogen it makes me think of the Hindenburg Zeppelin.
Chelseaboy
Chelseaboy
Angels
Angels

Back to top Go down

Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours) Empty Re: Flying to New York? Then why not go by luxury airship (but it will take you 37 hours)

Post  xtras Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm

wow ..... amazing, but hell no wowuldn't catch me in that.. Shocked x
xtras
xtras

Back to top Go down