Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

+6
danmaspethny
EarthsAngel
dolly
El Guapo
Jimmy Saville
Dame Edna
10 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Empty Re: BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

Post  Dame Edna Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Very Happy Great vids guys, keep em coming.. cheers

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Lesson10[/img]

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Disney10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 8310[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 1104510[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Empty Re: BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

Post  Dame Edna Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:40 pm

I love this lolol Very Happy Is it me?? Shocked

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Granny10[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

From the end of World War II until the 1980s, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was a notorious spring break destination in the United States. It was largely made so by the efforts of one man, George Warren "Bob" Gill Jr. who was called, "the Father of Fort Lauderdale spring break."[4] Prior to that, a few were coming to the area for a break from winter cold. On March 19, 2006, the New York Times reported that Fort Lauderdale's reputation as a spring break destination for college students started when the Colgate University men's swimming team went to practice there over break in 1935.[5] Fort Lauderdale became even more popular due to the 1960 film Where the Boys Are, in which college girls met boys while on spring break there.....A tradition for young college kids to take off and have fun! Enjoy while you can.. cheers

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Extreme Women.... affraid

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Smalle10[/img]

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 La-neg10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 The-wo10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Worlds10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Worlds11[/img].... affraid affraid
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:14 pm

You could have nice long nails like that too Nel if you had someone to do bloody everything for you! So who wipes her arse? affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Hahahahahhaha, Alfie, Mr N just asked me that!! I'd like to know how shes managed all these years. Apparently she lives a normal life and does all the things we do. Shocked
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 pm

nelix wrote:
Hahahahahhaha, Alfie, Mr N just asked me that!! I'd like to know how shes managed all these years. Apparently she lives a normal life and does all the things we do. Shocked

Is it a magic normal life then? bounce I bet she can't pick up a pin, sew, use a key board, use a bandsaw, chop wood, all sorts of things really BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 815275

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:04 pm

I have seen a programe about her, and she was cutting her grandsons hair!! weird woman if you ask me.. No
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Extreme men... Very Happy

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Stunni10[/img]

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Portra10[/img]

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Face_t10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Freaky10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Checke10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Check-10[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:51 pm

The origin of foot binding can be traced back to the Five Dynasties. The last Emperor of South Tang, Li Yu, allegedly ordered his concubine to dance in front of him in bound feet on top of a 'Golden Lily Platform'. The binding of feet instantly became a symbol of feminine beauty and royal approval. The practice of foot binding thus spread across the nation and soon became a custom that lasted for over a thousand year in China...

A sign of beauty? No

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Footbi10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Foot-b10[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Chines10[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:30 am

I have seen them for myself many years ago Nel, shocking What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 am

I've known about the binding of feet for a few years too. IMO it's a horrific practice. I don't understand why so many cultures believe in self mutilation as a form of beauty... Crying or Very sad

The human body is perfect the way Nature created it.
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 pm

A bit of nostalgia!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Awww memories winston.Love the old ad's.. Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:43 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 96078310[/img]

Better him than meeeeeeeeeee affraid
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Motherhood...A wonderful time in any womans life.. Very Happy

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Dda81410[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 E2ff2610[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 C3453210[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Bf142f10[/img]

Even the animal kingdom share in the joy.. Very Happy

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 10177510[/img]

A baby will recognise its mother almost imediately, through sound,smell,touch ect..But the most important is sight! Eye contact and facial expression. A baby will look for its mother, be stimulated by the silly faces and respond usually with laughter. A mother is the first love of a child and the whole world revolves around her..So concider the following...and tell me your heart doesnt bleed.. No

Tribal Custom Means a Husband Never Sees His Wife’s Face
Raid Qusti, Riyadh Bureau Chief

— One of the most remarkable among the many and varied tribal customs that survive in Saudi Arabia is one that forbids anyone at all seeing a woman’s face. In parts of the Al-Kharj region, not even a woman’s husband and children are permitted to see her face uncovered.

In interviews with Al-Kharj residents, Sayidaty, a sister publication of Arab News, heard that often the first time even a daughter sees her mother’s face is after the mother’s death.

“I always dreamt of seeing my mother’s face because I am a woman like her,” resident Hissa Al-Massareir told the magazine. “But because of customs and traditions in the family, this was impossible. It was only when my mother died that my dream came true,” she added.

Al-Kharj native Muhammad Abdullah has never seen his wife’s face. “We’ve been married for ten years and I’ve never seen it, not once,” he said. The burqa — the garment that covers all of head except the eyes — “is stuck to her face 24 hours a day,” he said.

This is not for want of trying. “One day I tried to remove the burqa while she was asleep. She was furious. She left and went to her parents’ house and returned only after I had signed an undertaking that I would never attempt to do such a thing again.”

Saud Al-Otaibi also found his wife fiercely loyal to the custom. “I tried to blackmail my wife by saying I’d marry another woman if she didn’t show me her face,” he said.

But he was in for a surprise. “Instead of giving in she said, all right, marry someone else. And she set me up with a friend of hers who wasn’t so strict in her adherence to the custom, and I married her.”

Others report that they have become so used to not seeing the faces of even close relatives that they would be shocked if they did.

“I have never seen my mother’s face,” Ahmed Bikhait told the magazine. “I tried many times but was always rebuffed. By now I’d think it weird if she suddenly unveiled her face,” he added.

A woman in her sixties explained that this tradition, like many others, is disappearing fast. “We have inherited these customs from time immemorial, and they are normal to us,” she said. “But of course our children don’t believe in these traditions any more.” The imam of a mosque in the region, Ayid Al-Dosari, said there was no sin in a woman unveiling her face to her husband or children and the phenomenon had to be attributed to tribal customs rather than religion.

“This has nothing to do with Islam,” he said. “It’s simply one of the traditions that some tribes follow.

“In Islam, a husband can, of course, see the whole of his wife’s body. The face is the least he’s entitled to,” he said.

“But these are inherited customs and these people follow them. There is nothing I can do about that,” he added.

A tribal custom... No
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  EarthsAngel Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:20 am

Brilliant thread Nel, it has been so much fun going throught it.
EarthsAngel
EarthsAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Sick I think!!!

A major campaign of Saadawi's organization before the government closed it was to halt female circumcision. "The majority of rural Egyptian women are still circumcised. Here they remove only the clitoris; they do not do the much more extensive procedure, but even so, there are many problems. Infection, bleeding, damage to the urinary tract, sepsis, even death. Later, it may cause pain during coitus, and psychological damage. In the villages it is performed on girls just before puberty, by untrained village midwives using any kind of knife or razor, without painkillers, and in unsanitary conditions. In the middle and upper classes, it may be carried out by a doctor. The reasons given for clitoridectomies in Egypt are 'cleanliness,' and 'so that girls will not run after men."' In many societies, it is also believed that if the baby's head touches the clitoris during delivery, the infant will die.

Female circumcision is frequently described as an "age-old Muslim ritual," when in fact it predates Islam and is even believed to be pre-Judaic. There is no mention of it in the Koran, and only a brief mention in the authentic hadiths, which states: "A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet said to her: 'Do not cut severely, as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband.' But because of this still debated hadz'th, some scholars of the Shari school of Islam, found mostly in East Africa, consider female circumcision obligatory. 'I'he Hanafi and most other schools maintain it is merely recommended, not essential. In the nineteenth century, women in the United States and Europe were sometimes circumcised because it was believed to relieve epilepsy, hysteria, and insanity.

Today, an estimated one hundred million women have undergone the sexual mutilation. It is performed in many African countries, including Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Chad. It is also a tradition among Muslims in Malaysia and Indonesia, and in a number of countries in the Middle East, including Egypt, the UAE, and parts of rural Saudi Arabia. Coptic Christians in Egypt and animist tribes in Africa as well as Muslims, undergo the ritual. More than 90 percent of Sudanese women undergo the most severe form of circumcision, known as "pharaonic," or infibulation, at the age of seven or eight, which removes all of the clitoris, the labia minora, and the labia majora. The sides are then sutured together, often with thorns, and only a small matchstick-diameter opening is left for urine and menstrual flow. The girl's legs are tied together and liquids are heavily rationed until the incision is healed. During this primitive yet major surgery, it is not uncommon for girls, who are held down by female relatives, to die from shock or hemorrhage of the vagina, urethra, bladder, and rectal area may also be damaged, and massive keloid scarring can obstruct walking for life. After marriage, women who have been infibulated must be forcibly penetrated.

"This may take up to forty days, and when men are impatient, a knife is used," recounted Sudanese women at a conference that I attended several years ago in Cairo on the "Development of Women in the Islamic World." They also told of special honeymoon centers built outside communities so that the "screams of the brides will not be heard." At this time also, the risks of infection and hemorrhaging are high. During childbirth, the scar tissue must be cut and the opening enlarged, otherwise mother and child may die. In the mid-eighties, American Nursing magazine began advising medical practitioners in the United States how to treat such patients, since the influx of women from countries where circumcision is standard meant that U.S. health-care providers were now seeing them in hospitals here. And if such cases are not handled correctly, major complications can ensue. The tradition of female circuincis'on in many countries is so strong that circumcised women even in the United States usually request reinfibulation after each delivery.
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I really dont know what to say winston.. No I've read about this practice and seen a documentary on the subject. Its a hidious, indecent and barbaric ritualistic practice that makes my blood boil and my heart sink for the girls that have to endure this. Humans have been created for a specific perpose, as all life on earth has..to propagate the species. Men and womens bodies are perfectly made to accomodate each other. Why mess with that? Sickening, truely sickening!.. No
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 Empty bits & bobs

Post  Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:59 am

Some amazing pics here keep them coming ..

Last edited by Alfie on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Don't bring your arguments from other forums onto here, thank you.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Good evening..In answer to your question mellow, yes, you and everyone else may post anything on this thread. Its an open thread. But I would ask members to use a little discretion as to the content of their posts! One further thing..There will be NO posts containing Porn or political properganda.. BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 193827
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 am

nelix wrote:
Good evening..In answer to your question mellow, yes, you and everyone else may post anything on this thread. Its an open thread. But I would ask members to use a little discretion as to the content of their posts! One further thing..There will be NO posts containing Porn or political properganda.. BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 193827

Hear Hear Nel, bilious episode consigned to the trash can by me. cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 am

Anything goes does it ??? im thinking here is as bad as The Sun for mod power .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:55 am

Alfie wrote:
nelix wrote:

Hear Hear Nel, bilious episode consigned to the trash can by me. cyclops

Alfie are you not tired of throwing your weight around ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 am

[b]
Mellow...This is A+D not sol, jezzas or any other forum. We are no better or worse here, just different. Please feel free to post at your discretion... BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 2 193827
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next