Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

+6
danmaspethny
EarthsAngel
dolly
El Guapo
Jimmy Saville
Dame Edna
10 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Empty BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:59 pm

'Sore leg' was WW2 bullet

An 83-year-old West Midlands man thought he had arthritis only to discover a German bullet had been lodged in his hip for the last 66 years.

War veteran Fred Gough was told by doctors he had been unwittingly been carrying the memento since the Second World War, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Mr Gough, from Darlaston, had been referred to hospital for an x-ray after suffering from an ache in his right leg.

He said: "It has absolutely amazed me and I was pretty shocked to say the least.

"I didn't know it was there - it hasn't caused me any trouble for the last 65 years - it's only been in the last three months that it's given me problems.

"It was a big surprise to hear that I've been carrying around this bullet inside me for over six decades but I can remember it happening, come to think of it.

"I only joined in 1944, when I was 18, so it was towards the end of the war. I remember we were moving forward and we would have been on the front line, but I wouldn't know where.

"We were only kids and we didn't really know what was going on. All I can remember is getting this thump in my thigh, but it didn't knock me off my feet or anything.

"It must have been a German soldier. Someone slapped a plaster on my leg and sent me back down the line. They just sent you to the back and off you went again."

Mr Gough has still got the bullet lodged inside him and it will remain there for as long as it causes him no more discomfort.
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Empty Re: BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:05 pm

We are tough in the Midlands Nel, a bullet nothing to us.

Back to top Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Empty Re: BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:16 pm

You get shot, and don't notice??!!

Must have been lots of other stuff going on!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:30 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Jackso11[/img]
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:33 pm

How do i use that colin? Please bear with me i'm old and thick..lol Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:45 pm

If this doesnt work winston i'm going home.. Evil or Very Mad

[img][/img] ok, see ya.!!! friggin hell!!!
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 pm

[img][/img]
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Benny10[/img]
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:52 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Justin10[/img]
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Yeah, ok show off..enough already!! Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Image010[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:11 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Image011[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Image013[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Image014[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Image015[/img]
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Image016[/img]
My favourite..Here come the bride lol Very Happy

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Image017[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Bum10[/img]
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:39 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Rjkne10[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Water or Coke?

Water

1. We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written down like this before.

2. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population)

3. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.&

4. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.

5. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U- Washington study.

6. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

7. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

8. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

9. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days... affraid

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil
dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of
Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, Remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its Ph is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of WATER
or COKE??
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I feel a lot better now after reading this, and not as lazy lol. cheers

We all know that sleeping is a good thing. It refreshes us. It gives us that “get-up-and-go” we need. There have been studies going back about as far as I can remember that an afternoon nap makes you more productive. The latest research finally gave me a sophisticated way to describe the afternoon powernap: “a biphasic sleep schedule”. Telling your boss that you are pursuing a biphasic sleep schedule to maximize afternoon productivity is sure to be met with a better response than just telling your boss that you’re taking a nap.

In the recent UC Berkeley sleep study, 39 healthy young adults were divided into two groups – nap and no-nap. At noon, all the participants were subjected to a rigorous learning task intended to tax the hippocampus, a region of the brain that helps store fact-based memories. Both groups performed at comparable levels.

At 2 p.m., the nap group took a 90-minute siesta while the no-nap group stayed awake. Later that day, at 6 p.m., participants performed a new round of learning exercises. Those who remained awake throughout the day became worse at learning. In contrast, those who napped did markedly better and actually improved in their capacity to learn.
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 pm

[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. Amazin10[/img]
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Make the Best Homemade Cough Suppressant That Really Works. I recently had a cold with a nagging cough and sore throat. My sis sent me the recipe to a natural cough suppressant that I could make at home. I honestly didnt think it would work, but since I had all the ingredients on hand I gave it a try. I found out...it really does work!! It suppressed my cough and soothed my sore throat, with no medicinal side effects. I have a friend that calls it "the cough syrup of the gods". Here are the steps to making the best homemade cough suppressant.
: EasyInstructions.Things You'll Need:
•1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
•1/4 tsp ground ginger
•1 T honey
•1 T apple cider vinegar
•2 T water
•small jar
Step
1First you will need to wash out any small jar with soap and hot water. I used a small jam jar that I no longer needed. Dry it out with a paper towel.

Step
2Now add all of the ingredients to the jar and shake well. Make sure the ingredients are well incorporated.

Step
3Take 3 teaspoons of the syrup as needed for cough and/or irritated sore throat.

Step
4Keep any unused portion in the refrigerater.
.Ads by GoogleCoughs
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Last one for tonight. this has the "AHHHHH" factor.. Very Happy
Goodnight all..xx

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:22 am

A good thread Nel..............I like it!!

Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:17 am

I love this film so much lol

El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 am

WOOOO GO RICHARD LOL What a Face
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next