Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

+6
danmaspethny
EarthsAngel
dolly
El Guapo
Jimmy Saville
Dame Edna
10 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Empty Re: BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

Post  Dame Edna Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Australia's new flag... lol!

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Image012
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Empty Re: BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here.

Post  dolly Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:07 am

LOOOL Nel Very Happy [img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Funnie10[/img]
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:57 pm

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Dsc00410
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 pm

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Att20110
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Att20111
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Att20113
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Att20114
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Att20115
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Att20116

^^^^^^^ That one was for curious.. BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 115935 BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 605439

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Att20117
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:39 pm

August 6th 1945...Today is the anniverary of the bombing of Hiroshima..The most terrible day in history imho. No

The atomic cloud (mushroom cloud) produced just after the burst is one of the most intensive characteristics of the A-bomb explosion.

The Hiroshima Meteorological Observatory reported that just after the flash, black smoke rose from the ground up to the sky reaching an altitude of several thousand meters, and covered the whole city. When the fireball disappeared, the angry clouds, like grey smoke, rose and reached an altitude of 8,000 meters in 5 minutes after the explosion.

One of the EnolaGay crew recorded in his flight diary, "9:00a.m.....Clouds were observed. Altitude of 12,000 meters or more." From a distance the cloud formation looked like a mushroom growing out of the ground, with white cloud at the top and yellowish clouds enveloping reddish-black clouds, creating a color that cannot be described as while, black, red or yellow.

In Nagasaki, from an observation point at the air-raid lookout post on Kouyagi Island located about 8 kilometers south of the city, just after the flash it appeared that a huge fireball covered the city, as if it were suppressing the city from the sky. Around the fireball there was a doughnut-shaped ring from the midst of which black smoke and flames rose up to the sky in an instant. The ring of the flames did not initially reach the ground. When the fireball scattered with a flash, the city was covered with darkness. The smoke rising from the midst of the ring, glittering in colors of red, white and yellow, reached an altitude of 8,000 meters in only 3 or 4 seconds.

After reaching an altitude of 8,000 meters, the smoke ascended more slowly and took about 30 seconds to reach an altitude of 12,000 meters. Then, the mass of smoke gradually discolored and scattered in wads of white clouds.

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Untitl14
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Thumbn10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Thumbn11

An eye witness account...

ON August 6, 1945 Hiroshima was hit by an atomic bomb.

Three days later Nagasaki was hit, effectively ending World War II. MARTIN PHILLIPS reports on Hiroshima survivor Sadae Kasaoka.
SHE was 13 when the world horrifically vaporised before her eyes.

Survivor ... Sadae KasaokaSadae says: "Windows in my house blazed a reddish burnt orange.

"An instant later the blast from the bomb slammed me into the wall and thousands of glass splinters hit me.

"I saw human beings melt like ice sculptures. I saw stones liquefy. It was the end of the planet as far as I could see."

It was 8.15am when Hiroshima was all but wiped off the face of the earth by the world's first A-bomb attack.

Sadae ran to an air raid shelter, stepping over "bits of blackened bodies".

She says: "I still see the flames rising from charred bodies.

"I saw ghostly shapes moving towards us, bits of linen hanging down around them. Only it wasn't cloth - it was their skin.

"The days after the bombing were one giant funeral.

Devastation ... two-thirds of buildings in Hiroshima were destroyed

"Most of my schoolfriends were burned on a pyre.

Hiroshima stank like one gigantic barbecue.

"The cries of the wounded pierced your soul like needles. The cries for water were most heartbreaking."

Sadae never talked about her ordeal until ten years ago. She now travels the world with the Voices For Peace group in the hope there will never be a repeat.

Tsutomo Yamaguchi, who died earlier this year aged 93, survived BOTH nuclear blasts.

He worked in Nagasaki but had been on a job in a Hiroshima factory when the world exploded.

Despite being burned, he caught a train home and went to work.

As his boss scoffed at his story of devastation the second A-bomb exploded.

Tsutomo, later known as "Lucky", knew what was coming when he saw the blinding flash and dived for cover before the blast struck.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3083897/Hiroshima-victims-speaks-about-bomb-on-65th-anniversary.html#ixzz0vrCAQfH2

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Untitl15

Ban the bomb, wear your CND badge. This was a huge movement in the 60's. I remember several marches and rallies and yes, I wore my badge. But way back then I didnt fully understand. Today however I do know that this kind of warfare should not and cannot happen. There's no such think as a small or contained neuclear war..It would be the start of the end for us all. No
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:09 pm

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 20054410
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:45 am

Sooooo, the robster has gone and got himself wed eh?? cheers Congratulations to him and his bride..Cant say i'm a big fan tbh, I think hes arrogant and a knob..But, thats just me.. BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 193827 Anyway, I do love this song of his sooooooo... BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 605439

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Nel...I'm not a big Robbie fan either. Good voice, bad attitude....

I also wish he hadn't rejoined Take That...they should have said no...he will try to upstage everyone, every chance he gets grrrrr
dolly
dolly

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Hey dolly.. Very Happy I agree with you re-robbie joining take that again. They dont need him thats for sure, Gary has a much better voice anyway lol Very Happy
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 pm

The Cat's Version of the Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BATHROOMS: Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything. Just sit and stare.

DOORS: Do not allow any closed doors in any room. To get the door open, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season.

CHAIRS AND RUGS: If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shag is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so it is as long as a human's bare foot.

HAMPERING: If one of your humans is engaged in some activity, and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping," otherwise known as "hampering." Following are the rules for hampering:

When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.
For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book -- unless you can lie across the book itself.
When human is working at computer, jump up on desk, walk across keyboard, bat at mouse pointer on screen, and then lay in human's lap across arms, hampering typing in progress.
WALKING: As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in front of the human, especially: on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will help their coordination skills.

BEDTIME: Always sleep on the human at night so he/she cannot move around.

LITTER BOX: When using the litter box, be sure to kick as much litter out of the box as possible. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between their toes.

HIDING: Every now and then, hide in a place where the humans cannot find you. Do not come out for three to four hours under any circumstances. This will cause the humans to panic (which they love) thinking that you have run away or are lost. Once you do come out, the humans will cover you with love and kisses, and you probably will get a treat.

ONE LAST THOUGHT: Whenever possible, get close to a human, especially their face, turn around, and present your butt to them. Humans love this, so do it often. And don't forget the guests...Dont you just love cats? cheers

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:54 am

Born and raised in London, Nick Brandt studied Film and Painting at St. Martins School of Art.

He started photographing in December 2000 in East Africa, beginning the body of work that is his signature subject matter and style. He no longer directs, devoting himself full time to his fine art photography now.

Brandt's first book of photographs, "On This Earth", was published in October 2005, by Chronicle Books, with forewords by Jane Goodall and Alice Sebold (author of "The Lovely Bones").

He has had numerous one-man exhibitions between 2004 and 2006, including London, Berlin, New York, Los Angeles, Hamburg, Santa Fe, Sydney, Melbourne and San Francisco.

He now lives in Topanga, California....
Some of the most beautifull and stunning pics of animals in the wild imo.. Very Happy

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Nb_por10
[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f33/14/83/41/86/rhinos10.jpg][img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 420che10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 3820el10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 520wil10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 1720el10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 320zeb10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 3220el11
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 120ele10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 1520ch10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 2520li10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Abando10
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:57 pm

I hope this works..Just click on and run the mouse over the pic..its great!! Very Happy

http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/flash/cntower_timelapse.swf
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  El Guapo Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:27 am

hehehe

I like things like that BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 853678
El Guapo
El Guapo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Saville Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 am

Incredible Wildlife pics Nel!!!
Jimmy Saville
Jimmy Saville

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:39 pm

what amazing photos nelix....beautiful Very Happy
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:20 pm

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Rhinoo10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 920ele10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Lionun10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Lionsh10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Gorill10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Giraff10
[img]BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Giraff11
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Buffal10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Elepha10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 1220ch10
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  lizziebear Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:11 am

ooh nelix ,the pictures are really beautiful. especially done in black and white.x
lizziebear
lizziebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:12 pm

Colour Psychology..Does colour affect our moods..I say.. BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 115935

Like death and taxes, there is no escaping color. It is ubiquitous. Yet what does it all mean? Why are people more relaxed in green rooms? Why do weightlifters do their best in blue gyms?

Colors often have different meanings in various cultures. And even in Western societies, the meanings of various colors have changed over the years. But today in the U.S., researchers have generally found the following to be accurate.

Black
Black is the color of authority and power. It is popular in fashion because it makes people appear thinner. It is also stylish and timeless. Black also implies submission. Priests wear black to signify submission to God. Some fashion experts say a woman wearing black implies submission to men. Black outfits can also be overpowering, or make the wearer seem aloof or evil. Villains, such as Dracula, often wear black.

White
Brides wear white to symbolize innocence and purity. White reflects light and is considered a summer color. White is popular in decorating and in fashion because it is light, neutral, and goes with everything. However, white shows dirt and is therefore more difficult to keep clean than other colors. Doctors and nurses wear white to imply sterility.

Red
The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention.

The most romantic color, pink, is more tranquilizing. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy.

Blue
The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. It causes the opposite reaction as red. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Blue can also be cold and depressing. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms. Studies show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms.

Green
Currently the most popular decorating color, green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing color. People waiting to appear on TV sit in "green rooms" to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize fertility. Dark green is masculine, conservative, and implies wealth. However, seamstresses often refuse to use green thread on the eve of a fashion show for fear it will bring bad luck.

Yellow
Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism.

Purple
The color of royalty, purple connotes luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also feminine and romantic. However, because it is rare in nature, purple can appear artificial.

Brown
Solid, reliable brown is the color of earth and is abundant in nature. Light brown implies genuineness while dark brown is similar to wood or leather. Brown can also be sad and wistful. Men are more apt to say brown is one of their favorite colors.

Colors of the Flag
In the U.S. flag, white stands for purity and innocence. Red represents valor and hardiness, while blue signifies justice, perseverance, and vigilance. The stars represent the heavens and all the good that people strive for, while the stripes emulate the sun's rays.

Food for Thought
While blue is one of the most popular colors it is one of the least appetizing. Blue food is rare in nature. Food researchers say that when humans searched for food, they learned to avoid toxic or spoiled objects, which were often blue, black, or purple. When food dyed blue is served to study subjects, they lose appetite.

Green, brown, and red are the most popular food colors. Red is often used in restaurant decorating schemes because it is an appetite stimulant.

Read more: Color Psychology — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html#ixzz0xfb3Zd2m
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Heres another click the pic and drag thingy..This one is fabbo!! Hope it works lol cheers

http://leecasalena.com/fullmoonhike.swf
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Just a few snippets from real court cases..I think someone in particular might appreciate them.. Wink Very Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

◦Lawyer: "What happened then?"
◦Witness: "He told me, he says, 'I have to kill you because you can identify me.'"
◦Lawyer: "Did he kill you?"
◦Witness: "No."

◦Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
◦Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."

◦Lawyer: "You were there until the time you left, is that true?"

◦Lawyer: "So you were gone until you returned?"

◦Lawyer: "The youngest son, the 20 year old, how old is he?"

◦Lawyer: "Were you alone or by yourself?"

◦Lawyer: "How long have you been a French Canadian?"

◦Witness: "He was about medium height and had a beard."
◦Lawyer: "Was this a male or a female?"

◦Lawyer: "Mr. Slatery, you went on a rather elaborate honeymoon, didn't you?"
◦Witness: "I went to Europe, sir."
◦Lawyer: "And you took your new wife?"

◦Lawyer: "I show you Exhibit 3 and ask you if you recognize that picture."
◦Witness: "That's me."
◦Lawyer: "Were you present when that picture was taken?"

◦Lawyer: "Were you present in court this morning when you were sworn in?"

◦Lawyer: "Do you know how far pregnant you are now?"
◦Witness: "I'll be three months on November 8."
◦Lawyer: "Apparently, then, the date of conception was August 8?"
◦Witness: "Yes."
◦Lawyer: "What were you doing at that time?"

◦Lawyer: "How many times have you committed suicide?"
◦Witness: "Four times."

◦Lawyer: "Do you have any children or anything of that kind?"

◦Lawyer: "She had three children, right?"
◦Lawyer: "How many were boys?"
◦Witness: "None."
◦Lawyer: "Were there girls?"

◦Lawyer: "You don't know what it was, and you didn't know what it looked like, but can you describe it?"

◦Lawyer: "You say that the stairs went down to the basement?"
◦Lawyer: "And these stairs, did they go up also?"

◦Lawyer: "Have you lived in this town all your life?"
◦Witness: "Not yet."

◦Lawyer: (realizing he was on the verge of asking a stupid question) "Your Honor, I'd like to strike the next question."

◦Lawyer: "Do you recall approximately the time that you examined the body of Mr. Eddington at the Rose Chapel?"
◦Witness: "It was in the evening. The autopsy started about 8:30pm."
◦Lawyer: "And Mr. Eddington was dead at the time, is that correct?"

◦Lawyer: "What is your brother-in-law's name?"
◦Witness: "Borofkin."
◦Lawyer: "What's his first name?"
◦Witness: "I can't remember."
◦Lawyer: "He's been your brother-in-law for years, and you can't remember his first name?"
◦Witness: "No. I tell you, I'm too excited." (rising and pointing to his brother-in-law) "Nathan, for heaven's sake, tell them your first name!"

◦Lawyer: "Did you ever stay all night with this man in New York?"
◦Witness: "I refuse to answer that question.
◦Lawyer: "Did you ever stay all night with this man in Chicago?"
◦Witness: "I refuse to answer that question.
◦Lawyer: "Did you ever stay all night with this man in Miami?"

◦Lawyer: "Doctor, did you say he was shot in the woods?"
◦Witness: "No, I said he was shot in the lumbar region."

◦Lawyer: "What is your marital status?"
◦Witness: "Fair."

◦Lawyer: "Are you married?"
◦Witness: "No, I'm divorced."
◦Lawyer: "And what did your husband do before you divorced him?"
◦Witness: "A lot of things I didn't know about."

◦Lawyer: "And who is this person you are speaking of?"
◦Witness: "My ex-widow said it.

◦Lawyer: "How did you happen to go to Dr. Cherney?"
◦Witness: "Well, a gal down the road had had several of her children by Dr. Cherney and said he was really good."

◦Lawyer: "Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?"
◦Witness: "All my autopsies have been performed on dead people."

◦Lawyer: "Were you acquainted with the deceased?"
◦Witness: "Yes sir."
◦Lawyer: "Before or after he died?"

◦Lawyer: "Mrs. Jones, is your appearance this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?"
◦Witness: "No. This is how I dress when I go to work."

◦The Court: "Now, as we begin, I must ask you to banish all present information and prejudice from your minds, if you have any."

◦Lawyer: "Did he pick the dog up by the ears?"
◦Lawyer: "What was he doing with the dog's ears?"
◦Witness: "Picking them up in the air."
◦Lawyer: "Where was the dog at this time?"
◦Witness: "Attached to the ears."

lol!
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:51 pm

cheers

Why Americans Should Never Be Allowed To Travel

The following are actual stories provided by travel agents:

I had someone ask for an aisle seats so that his or her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window.

A client called in inquiring about a package to Hawaii. After going over all the cost info, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"

I got a call from a woman who wanted to go to Capetown. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information when she interrupted me with "I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts. "Without trying to make her look like the stupid one, I calmly explained, "Capecod is in Massachusetts, Capetown is in Africa." Her response ... click.

A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."

I got a call from a man who asked, "Is it possible to see England from Canada?" I said, "No." He said "But they look so close on the map.".. well thats true!! BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 8431

Another man called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had a 1-hour lay over in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and I need a car to drive between the gates to save time."

A nice lady just called. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and got into Chicago at 8:33am. I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of llinois, but she could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought that!..lolol I love this one!

A woman called and asked, "Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know who's luggage belongs to who?" I said, "No, why do you ask?" She replied, "Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said FAT, and I'm overweight, is there any connection?" After putting her on hold for a minute while I "looked into it" (I was actually laughing) I came back and explained the city code for Fresno is FAT, and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

I just got off the phone with a man who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?" I asked him what exactly he meant, which he replied, "I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them."

A woman called and said, "I need to fly to Pepsi-cola on one of those computer planes." I asked if she meant to fly to Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, "Yeah, whatever."..Yeah, whatever lolol

A businessman called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him he needed a visa. "Oh no I don't, I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those." I double checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, "Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express."

A woman called to make reservations, "I want to go from Chicago to Hippopotamus, New York" The agent was at a loss for words. Finally, the agent: "Are you sure that's the name of the town?" "Yes, what flights do you have?" replied the customer. After some searching, the agent came back with, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Hippopotamus anywhere." The customer retorted, "Oh don't be silly. Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!" The agent scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, "You don't mean Buffalo, do you?" "That's it! I knew it was a big animal!"... BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 193827

Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Whatever it was it didnt work.. lol!
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  chelseaz Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:21 am

ohhh nelix you beauty....lmao....that's really started my morning off with a smile....waaaaah haaaaaaah BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 55984
chelseaz
chelseaz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lizziebear Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:55 am

stunning pictures nelix.x
lizziebear
lizziebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Edna Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:19 pm

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Count210

affraid
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 20100610
Let me ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt!!!!!! Very Happy

BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 98888910
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 76ef1e10
BITS AND BOBS..Funny, serious, mad, bad, inane, insane...anything goes here. - Page 15 Sealio10
Dame Edna
Dame Edna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next